At some point he was infected, and is seen as part of the horde zombified super-villains that attack Galactus when he arrives. Doctor Octopus is caught a glancing blow by a Power Cosmic blast from all of the Power Cosmic Zombies at once, losing his arm and half his mechanical tentacles. Things quickly go from bad to worse as while Galactus is prone on the floor, the Power Cosmic Zombies decide they don’t want to share, and Otto is killed by Wolverine in the ensuing fight.
- Superhuman Concentration: Doctor Octopus possesses extraordinary mental abilities and concentration, and through years of practice is able to perform two complex and two simple independent actions, simultaneously, one with each arm.
- Doctor Octopus' superhuman abilities derive from the four mentally-controlled, electronically-powered, telescoping, prehensile titanium-steel tentacles attached to a stainless steel harness encircling his body from lower chest to waist.
- Wall-Climbing and Traveling: By combining the intrinsic strength of both his tentacles and the pincers, Doctor Octopus can scale stone, brick, or concrete walls by rending "handholds" in the surface of the wall. Octopus is able to use his tentacles for traversing horizontal distances as well. At full extension, he can travel high above the ground as if on stilts, either using two tentacles, or for maximum speed (approximately 50 miles per hour), four tentacles.
- Radiation Specialist: Doctor Octopus is one of the world's leading authorities on nuclear radiation and its effect on animal physiology.
- Engineering: Doctor Octopus is a brilliant engineer and inventor.
- Without the use of his artificial tentacles, Doctor Octopus possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in no regular exercise. Each of his tentacles is able to lift approximately 8 tons (provided that Octopus supports his harness with at least one other arm in order to prevent the chest harness/skin interface from bearing any part of the effort).
- The character of Dr Octopus was created by Stan Lee, and Steve Ditko.
- The zombified Dr Octopus of Earth-2149 first appeared in Marvel Zombies by Robert Kirkman and Sean Phillips.
- Reality-2149 was created by Mark Millar and Greg Land, in "Ultimate Fantastic Four: Crossover".
- 5 Appearances of Otto Octavius (Earth-2149)
- Minor Appearances of Otto Octavius (Earth-2149)
- Media Otto Octavius (Earth-2149) was Mentioned in
- 4 Images featuring Otto Octavius (Earth-2149)
- Quotations by or about Otto Octavius (Earth-2149)
- Character Gallery: Otto Octavius (Earth-2149)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|