Appearing in "The Man Called Photon?"Edit
- Photon (First appearance)
- Captain Jason Steele (First appearance)
- Ralph Rider (Appears in flashback and main story) (Death)
- Harry Daze (First appearance)
- Michael Lincoln (First appearance)
- Franklin Risk (First appearance)
- Manners (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "The Man Called Photon?"Edit
When going to visit his uncle Ralph, Richard Rider is shocked to find that his uncle has been murdered. It is revealed that someone, dressed in a costume calling themselves Photon killed his uncle before a number of visitors could bid a transistorized nuclear device. Initially, the hot headed Richard blames Peter Parker (on assignment for the Daily Bugle) is the killer, however this is straightened out when it's revealed that Peter tried to stop Photon.
The possible killers are all visitors at Ralph Rider's mansion that day: Michael Lincoln, Rider's embittered assistant; Franklin Risk a strong-armed business man; Harry Daze who is has ties to AIM; and Jason Dean who has ties with the Maggia crime family.
When Lincoln tries to flee, Richard stops him as Nova and gets into a brief fight with Peter Parker who also went after him as Spider-Man. After the fight, Nova takes Lincoln back to the mansion, while Spider-Man changes back to Peter Parker. When Photon attacks again, Peter changes back to Spider-Man and helps Nova to try and stop him. However, Photon manages to escape.
With all the suspects in one room, Detective Jason Steele identifies all the suspects possible motivations for killing Ralph Rider. After all is put out on the table someone puts out the lights, when they are restored Dean, Risk, and Daze are missing, and the captain tells Spider-Man and Nova that Manners the butler was killed before he could reveal who the killer was.
This story is continued in Amazing Spider-Man #171....
- Cover art modifications by Romita.
- Spider-Man meets Nova for the first time.
- This story is a Two part story continued in Amazing Spider-Man # 171.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|