Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Little was known of Abyss' life before he became a Horseman of Apocalypse. It was said Abyss was experimented upon in Sinister's labs after escaping he killed the Horseman Bastion. Rather than have him killed, Apocalypse was impressed and appointed him as his new Horseman.
Abyss was assigned to prevent the evacuation of humans from Maine to Europe by the X-Men and Sentinels. However, he decided he'd rather capture Quicksilver, and kidnapped a young boy as bait. Storm intervened, causing this plan to fail.
Abyss was then entrusted with overseeing the Madri and Shadow King's interrogation of Bishop. The X-Men were dispatched to save Bishop, which resulted in another battle with Abyss. Abyss mocked Banshee and caught him in his void. Banshee's sonic screams ripped Abyss apart from within, apparently destroying him.
Many years later, Dark Beast attempted to bring Abyss back to life after having preserved his corpse. His attempt was sabotaged by Fiend, though the Dark Beast's experiments resulted in many other deceased mutants being brought back, and Abyss lived only for a few seconds.
- Abyss is composed of strong coils and houses a portal to an unknown dimension. He is able to psionically affect others and draw power from their fear.
- Going by his introduction to Banshee in Amazing X-Men Vol 1 2, Abyss was the latest Horseman to be appointed before Sinister's defection and his own demise.
- 8 Appearances of Nils Styger (Earth-295)
- Media Nils Styger (Earth-295) was Mentioned in
- 5 Images featuring Nils Styger (Earth-295)
- 1 Quotations by or about Nils Styger (Earth-295)
- Character Gallery: Nils Styger (Earth-295)
- Characters killed by Abyss
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|