Appearing in "The Making of a Nurse!"Edit
- Ben Jenkins (First appearance)
- Brundage (First appearance)
- Marshall Michaels (First appearance)
- William Sutton (First appearance)
- Rocky (Only Appearance)
- Mister Toby (Only Appearance)
Synopsis for "The Making of a Nurse!"Edit
Christine Palmer leaves the Midwestern suburbs to begin life as a nurse at Metro-General Hospital. There she meets fellow night nurses Georgia Jenkins and Linda Carter. Linda is in love with a businessman named Marshall Michaels, but Michaels wants her to give up her nursing career.
Meanwhile, a power outage strikes the city and the patients at Metro General begin to panic. A conman named Rocky and a man named Ben Jenkins (Georgia's brother) hold the hospital generator hostage and nearly destroy it. After abandoning the mad plan, Ben is injured while attempting to protect the nurses and is summarily arrested.
Linda decides to continue working at the hospital and declines Marshall's offer.
- This series is published on a bi-monthly release schedule.
- In 1961, Atlas Comics published a short-lived title called Linda Carter, Student Nurse. Although the two characters share the same name and occupation, it is unlikely that they are intended to be the same character. The Atlas Linda Carter had dark brown hair, whereas the Marvel Linda has blonde hair.
- Despite the similarities in name, Night Nurse Linda Carter has no connection to Lynda Carter, an American actress famous for her portrayal of the DC Comics heroine, Wonder Woman.
- Ben Jenkins appears next in Night Nurse #3.
- The tag line for this series is, "Enter the world of Danger, Drama and Death!"
- In 1972, writer Jean Thomas was the wife of Marvel editor Roy Thomas.
- Linda Carter made a modern appearance in Civil War #5.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|