Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- From here I can reach out, take hold of every remaining mutant mind on Earth and extinguish it. But I only need one.
Appearing in "E is for Extinction: Conclusion"Edit
- Cassandra Nova (Apparent death) (Real name first revealed)
- Wild Sentinels (Mentioned)
- En Sabah Nur (Mentioned)
- Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Ellie Phimister) (Real name first revealed) (Corpse)
- Clean-Up Workers
- Magneto (Erik Magnus Lehnsherr) (Mentioned)
- Juggernaut (Cain Marko) (Mentioned)
- Miss Murphy (Mentioned)
- Hammer Bay (Ruins)
- Magda Square (Ruins)
- Magneto's Palace (Ruins)
- Hammer Bay (Ruins)
- New York
- Black Bug Room
Synopsis for "E is for Extinction: Conclusion"Edit
Beast and Phoenix search the ruins of Genosha for survivors of the mutant massacre. Under fifty tons of debris, Emma Frost (in her new shimmering diamond form) carries the dead body of one of her students, Negasonic Teenage Warhead. They return with Emma to the X-Mansion, where Beast explains that a Secondary Mutation allowed for Emma's organic diamond exoskeleton, his feline appearance and the return of Jean's telekinesis.
Meanwhile the one responsible for the genocide, Cassandra Nova, is contained in a gravitational bottle. Beast describes her as a new species, aware of the Extinction Gene and a being who will instinctively try to wipe out the mutant race for dominance. It is at this moment, that Cassandra releases herself from her imprisonment and overwhelms the X-Men with her vast psionic abilities. She then activates Cerebra and threatens to extinguish every mutant mind on the planet. Emma Frost appears from behind and snaps her neck; but before Cassandra can heal herself, Professor X repeatedly shoots her. Much later, Scott and Jean discuss their stressed marriage, but are suddenly shocked as the Professor outs himself as a mutant on television and proposes to do away with masks.
- Part 3 of 3 (story arc).
- Cassandra's name is revealed in this issue.
- In this issue, a television news program states that more than half the world's mutant population has been killed.
- The gravitational bottle keeping Cassandra Nova held captive was initially intended to contain the Juggernaut.
- Cyclops is sent back to his own Black Bug Room by Cassandra Nova.
- Emma Frost first declines the X-Men's offer of residence at the Mansion, but has an epiphany and returns to the mansion (to snap Cassandra's neck).
- Like the other issues written by Grant Morrison, its title was changed into New X-Men, instead of adjective-less X-Men. Not to be confused with the students of the Academy X also called New X-Men.
- New X-Men Annual #2001: Follows this "E for Extinction" arc.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|