Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appearing in "E is for Extinction" (Part 2)Edit
- Ugly John (Steve) (Death)
- Donald Trask III (Real name first revealed) (Death)
- Emma Frost (Apparent death)
- Emma's Telepathy Class
- Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Ellie Phimister) (First appearance) (Death)
- Unidentified Students in Emma's Telepathy Class (Deaths)
- Magneto (Erik Magnus Lehnsherr) (Apparent death)
- Trish Tilby (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Unidentified Genoshan Mutants (Deaths)
- Carmen Pryde (Death) (Behind the scenes)
- New York
- Australia (Mentioned)
- South Africa (Mentioned)
- Cape Town (Mentioned)
- Hammer Bay (Destruction)
- Magda Square (Destruction)
- Magneto's Palace (Destruction)
- Hammer Bay (Destruction)
Synopsis for "E is for Extinction" (Part 2)Edit
From the hidden Ecuadorian Master Mold factory unit, Donald Trask (inspired by the radical ideas of Cassandra Nova) instructs the giant Wild Sentinels to commit mass mutant genocide. Cyclops, Wolverine and the innocent civilian Ugly John fly above the factory on-board the X-Wing. They are then attacked by various miniature Sentinels and are soon brought forth to Cassandra Nova.
Inside the factory, Cassandra kills Donald after assimilating his DNA sequence; now able to command his Wild Sentinels. She then imposes Ugly John with an agonizing death, before Wolverine and Cyclops can release themselves. In turn, the two X-Men capture Cassandra Nova. Cyclops humanely kills Ugly John with his optic blast to spare him further suffering.
At that moment, Emma Frost commences her telepathic lesson in Genosha (that includes the precognitive Negasonic Teenage Warhead.) The teenager's nightmare finally comes into conception as enormous Wild Sentinels arrive to bring slaughter and destruction to the mutant sanctuary. Meanwhile, at the Xavier Mansion, the Professor cuts short his recovery to locate the missing X-Men. Once Cerebra is activated, Xavier, Jean and Beast witness the horrific massacre of more than sixteen million mutants.
- Chapter 2 of 3 (Story arc)
- Features a variant cover by Barry Windsor-Smith.
- In the previous issue, Cassandra battled Xavier's mind and it almost killed him.
- Donald Trask's full name is revealed in this issue.
- Like the other issues written by Grant Morrison, its title was changed into New X-Men, instead of adjective-less X-Men. Not to be confused with the students of the Academy X also called New X-Men.
- Numerous unnamed telepathic mutants appear in Emma Frost's class. Among them, Negasonic Teenage Warhead will seemingly join the Hellfire Club in Astonishing X-Men Vol 3 #12, as well as later be ressurected by Selene during Necrosha.
- Two characters that would appear much later in this comic series have a very similar appearance to two students in Emma's telepathy class; they are Dust and Radian (Later Phaser).
- Emma proposes that her students telepathically probe famous celebrities including Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman.
- Although they do not physically appear, it is later confirmed in X-Force Vol 3 #21 that Rem-Ram, Spoor, Static, Barnacle, and Katu were killed off-panel in this issue.
- A Wild Sentinel returns in Astonishing X-Men Vol 3 #11.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|