- Mine is the power to destroy -- but I choose not to. Profit from my example.
- -- Magneto
Appearing in "The Times, They Are A'Changin'"Edit
- New Mutants
- Ricky, Fred and another frat guy
- New York
- Bryce College
- Bryce College
Synopsis for "The Times, They Are A'Changin'"Edit
Magneto greets the students as their new headmaster. His reception is rather mixed, although the detractors don't say so to his face. He sends them to suit up and head for the Danger Room, where they are to play tag with Magneto: all of them vs him. Later that evening, they repair to Harry's Hideout for some relaxation. Dani decides to walk home, but some sinister frat boys remark on how their "quest for cuties" is over. They ambush her on the road and try to rape her, but Brightwind comes to her aid, chasing them off. Dani escapes back to the mansion, and when Magneto learns what happened he has Brightwind lead him to the vehicle. The New Mutants follow in secret. Magneto discovers them at their frat house, and confronts them, gives them a stern talking to, and tears their house to shreds. When he returns, he finds the New Mutants still up, and they liked what they saw.
- Professor Charles Xavier asked Magneto to take over his school in Uncanny X-Men #200 when he had to leave with the Starjammers to save his life.
- This story is continued from New Mutants Special Edition #1 and Uncanny X-Men Annual #9, when the mutants travelled to Asgard. It is there that Dani was chosen by Brightwind and became a Valkyrie.
- Karma was a longtime slave to the Shadow King (Amahl Farouk) until the other New Mutants and Storm rescued her in New Mutants #34.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The New Mutants at Wikipedia
- The New Mutants at Marvel Subscriptions
- The New Mutants series index at Comicbookdb.com
- The New Mutants series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- The New Mutants series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 02/09/2010
|Like this? Let us know!|