Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Hardly an auspicious beginning for the school, is it, Sam?
- -- Sunspot
Appearing in "Initiation!"Edit
- New Mutants
- Professor X (Charles Xavier)
- Dr. Moira MacTaggert
- Stevie Hunter
- Illyana Rasputin
- Ambassador Gabrielle Haller
- X-Men (In a photograph only)
- Leong Coy Manh (In an illusion or vision)
- Nga Coy Manh (In an illusion or vision)
- Tran Coy Manh (In an illusion or vision)
- Thai pirates -
- Henry Peter Gyrich
- Mr. Feduniwicz & unnamed agent of Project Wideawake
- Swamp monster (Danger Room construct)
- Robots (Danger Room construct)
- Mr. & Mrs. Manh, Xi'an's parents (Death)
- New York
- Gabrielle Haller's home
- Gabrielle Haller's home
Synopsis for "Initiation!"Edit
The newly formed New Mutants gather as Stevie Hunter washes Karma's hair. Danielle Moonstar goofs around and accidentally uses her powers to project an image of Karma's parents deaths. Karma attacks Danielle and Stevie in anger and Sunspot has to stop her. Dani takes off to be alone and while pondering over the past X-Men she stumbles upon Storm's abode in the X-Mansion attic. Suddenly, Professor X calls the team to the Danger Room.
In London, Gabrielle hosts Moira MacTaggert and Illyana Rasputin at her home. The Israeli Ambassador explains her son is a mutant. Moira tells her the best person to take care of him would be Professor X. Gabrielle tells her she cannot ask him to take care of her son because he is Professor X's son.
Back at the X-Mansion, the team gathers in the Danger Room to run through a few sequences. Professor X watches as each member tries to cross the room one by one. Cannonball goes first and fails. Next is Wolfsbane, who also fails. Then Sunspot and Karma, both failing. Danielle hesitates and then runs for the door since she is too scared to go through the sequence. Wolfsbane follows her out of the mansion and explains that Karma is not upset about earlier in the morning. The team goes into town without Dani. As they leave the estate, a car watches them drive off and the passengers contact Henry Peter Gyrich for orders on whether to follow the mutants or not. Henry tells them to stay at the mansion and another team is following the mutants into town. Meanwhile, Dani gathers the courage to enter the Danger Room and while training an unknown figure, in the control booth, deactivates the safety devices and changes her from battling robots to being attacked by a swamp monster.
- This is the first issue of the series.
- The New Mutants last appeared in Marvel Graphic Novel #4.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The New Mutants at Wikipedia
- The New Mutants at Marvel Subscriptions
- The New Mutants series index at Comicbookdb.com
- The New Mutants series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- The New Mutants series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 01/11/2010
|Like this? Let us know!|