Origin and early years
The Sebettu (or Isirru in Babylon), a group of seven gods, often followed him into battle, spreading famine, drought and pestilence among their enemies to prevent survivors. He was possibly part of the group as well.
His rival Tammuz empowered a counter-talisman known as the Heart of Tammuz to oppose it. The Hand was used by many dark sorcerers, including Xaltotun of Acheron around 13,000 BC, and was always by the Heart of Tammuz.
Circa 10,000 BC, when Conan and his friends brought the Heart of Tammuz side by side with the Hand of Nergal, the brutal, hulking, misshapen shadowy form of Nergal, more like to some stupendous ape than a man, appeared from the magical talisman and began fighting its counterpart. Although it seemed to be winning, Nergal eventually dissolved before the vengeful embrace of all-pervading brightness.
It is unclear if Nergal has two wives, Ereshkigal and Allatou, or whether the two are connected. Ereshkigal is also known as Allatu in Babylon, and it is speculated that she maintained prominence and avoided demon degeneration by either expelling her demonic aspects (Allatou) or by trading both her husband and her Babylonian name to a demon who became Allatou.
- 3 Appearances of Nergal (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Nergal (Earth-616)
- Media Nergal (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Nergal (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Nergal (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Nergal (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update #3; Annunaki's entry, Nergal's paragraph
- ↑ Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; Ba'al's entry
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Marvel Zombies Handbook #1; Pazuzu' entry
- ↑ All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #3; Council of Godheads' entry
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; The Annunaki's entry
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian #30
- ↑ All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update #3; Annunaki's entry, Ereshkigal's paragraph
|Like this? Let us know!|