The bands grant the users the following Abilities:
- Increased Physical Strength
- Interstellar Flight
- The ability to absorb & manipulate various types of energy
- Increased invulnerability to physical attacks
- Survival in the vacuum of space
- No need for food, water, air or sleep.
- Cosmic Awareness for some users
- Teleport, portal projection and dimensional travel enabled.
There are only 4 known sets of Nega-Bands. The very first pair were awarded to Mar-Vell of the Kree by the Supreme Intelligence. His offspring Genis and Phyla-Vell also wielded a set. A fourth set, possibly Mar-Vel's original pair, were stolen by the Shi'ar in order to create the Nega-Bomb which they sent to devastate Kree Space. While a fifth set was acquired by the Skrulls and give to Khn'nr who was to insert himself into the superhero population as a time lost Captain Marvel, the location of these nega bands after his death has not been revealed.
His Bands gifted possibly by an alternate Supreme Intelligence granted:
- Many practical aspects of the in-universe Nega-Bands
- Produces a performance boosting kree Battle suit
- Teleportation, range unspecified
- Analysis and tracking of energy signatures
- Tracking and detection invisibility
- Holographic projection
- Onboard technological arrays used for mechanical construction
- Cyberpathic interfacing with technology & machinery
Yet another pair of bands pertaining to unknown origins once belonged to a corpse found on the Milano, a Raptor ship stolen by The Guardians of the Galaxy. An enclave of the Fraternity came to retrieve they're prize led by Talonar but came into conflict with Star Lord after he poisoned Rocket. Talonar had been studying and experimenting with the Kree weaponry for months after they're acquisition, trying to open a gateway to Null Space where the Tree of Shadows resides in order to access the Darkhawk Drone technology; but to no avail.
The Kree Nega-Bands were classified by the Initiative as Omega Class Weapons, at the level of the Tactigon. It is later revealed that the bands do not work without both pairs of a set, users will only possess half their functionality if they only posses one band each, their power often cutting out while in use otherwise. It was also revealed they can open gateways to and from different points in the universe.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- 229 Appearances of Nega-Bands
- 9 Minor Appearances of Nega-Bands
- 7 Media Nega-Bands was Mentioned in
- 68 Images featuring Nega-Bands
- Item Gallery: Nega-Bands
Links and References