The Native was captured by the Weapon X program, the same program that gave Wolverine his adamantium skeleton. The scientists working there gave her the codename of "Feral". When Wolverine escaped from the organization so did the Native. Wolverine and the Native spent some time together in a cabin on the hills of British Columbia, where they became lovers for some time.
It's unclear why Wolverine left the Native. Trying to survive, the Native's presence was rediscovered years later by an offshoot of the Weapon X program. Sabretooth was brought in to track and retrieve her. Sabretooth tracked her down, only for her to outfight him and flee.
Sabretooth then manipulated Wolverine into finding her, after which she shared a romantic interlude with him. Wolverine and the Native were tracked by soldiers from the Weapon X offshoot who immobilized him and captured the Native, whom they brought to The Workshop facility in Montana.
While in captivity, the Native was operated on by Doctor Vapor, who removed genetic material from her to be sold to other parties and discovered that the Native’s accelerated physiology had resulted in a pregnancy from her liaison with Wolverine. Wolverine killed Vapor and left with the Native, however the pair were watched by Sabretooth who promised to finish what he started. Tracking the couple, Sabretooth defeated Wolverine and subsequently killed the Native.
Logan later wakes up and tracks Native once again to find her dead corpse. It had a note written in her blood from Sabertooth saying: I did you a favor runt - you can thank me later to which he is reduced to tears. He needs a priest for her so he meets his friend Nightcrawler at a bar. He carries Native in and Kurt reads her last rites.
- Regenerative Self Healing: The Native was a mutant who possessed a healing factor that allows her to recover from even the most severe wounds with remarkable speed.
- Superhuman Senses: She also possessed super-humanly acute senses.
- Superhuman Strength: As well as having sufficient superhuman strength and ferocity to allow her to successfully subdue an opponent over twice her size. The Native's physiology was also accelerated to the extent that her body could conceive and gestate a fetus within a matter of hours.
Despite the extent of her healing factor, the Native was not immortal. The Native existed in a quasi-feral state, with minimal language abilities.
The Native possessed six one-foot long bone claws, three in each arm, that were housed within her forearms. At will, the Native could extend or retract these claws through the skin of her hands. The Native's claws were naturally sharp and tougher than that of normal human bone structure, allowing her to cut through flesh and most types of natural materials and each had a serrated edge giving them a much leaner cut. She also has ten elongated sharpened nails at the end of each finger but it is unknown what they're made of or if they are retractable like her six bone claws.
- 9 Appearances of Native (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Native (Earth-616)
- Media Native (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 5 Images featuring Native (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Native (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Native (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|