Cable became consumed by the Techno-Organic Virus that had infected him all his life. However, the mechanical virus then adopted Cable's dream of unification and an end to conflict as its program. This resulted in the techno virus consuming all beings on the planet, flooding the landscape, with Cable designated as the First One. His completely transformed body was the only humanoid form left on the planet.
From Earth-616 and hunting for the missing Cable, Deadpool used Forge's interspatial and intraspatial harness to find him across dimensions. He ended up on Earth-58162. The techno-organic virus immediately detected the new organic lifeform and injected his system with the virus to incorporate him into its system. Cannonball and Siryn then arrived, persuing Deadpool across dimensions and promply blasted away at Cable. Deadpool's body was quickly transformed, but his mind and body ultimately rejected the virus, causing chaotic feedback to the virus, giving the three transdimensional visitors time to escape.
Cyberpathy: Cable now has a technological link to the “Infonet,” which acts as a surrogate for his telepathy—instead of reading minds, he is now a cyberpath, able to “read” digital information and broadcasts. He also displayed the ability to forcefully link other minds to the Infonet. In effect, he has enhanced his limited psionic powers via technological means.
Cone of Silence: Prototype forcefield used to simulate telekinesis.
Telepathy: Ability read minds and project the thoughts of others
- Telepathic Illusion: Ability to create realistic telepathic illusions and cause people to experience events which are not actually occurring.
- Telepathic Cloak: Can mask his presence from being detected by others. His abilities can at times go undetected or be counteracted by other more powerful telepaths depending on their level of skill in using their own psi abilities. He can extend these defenses to others around him as well.
- Mind Link: ability to develop a mental link with any person which remains as a connection to that individual
- Telepathic Camouflage: ability to mask himself, and other peoples' presence from those around him. Can telepathically disguise himself, making his appearance to those around his quite different (changing the appearance of clothing, as well as more involved disguising).
- Mind Control: ability to control the minds and even voluntary and involuntary bodily functions of sentient beings (such as other Humans)
- Mind Trap: ability to take another’s mind from their body and effectively trapping that mind within his own.
- Mind Possession: ability to possess the mind of another, and use that beings body as your own
- Mind Alteration: ability to alter the minds of others by force of will.
- Mental Amnesia: ability to cause loss of particular memories, and amnesia in another person or even in a group of people
- Psionic Shield: ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of himself and of others minds. Cable has proven very difficulty to psychically assail, as he is very well skilled in shielding his own mind from mental-attacks (such as attempts to read, control or harm his own mind), and has been sufficient to protect himself from other psychics on the Omega-level.
- Psionic Blasts: Can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and can even kill an adversary.
- Astral Projection: ability to Astral Travel and communicate with others astrally through his own will, or through contact with the thoughts and memories of others. In the astral realm, where he can use his powers to create "ectoplasmic" objects. He cannot engage in long range astral projection on the earthly plane. Cable has a mastery of astral projection, and is able to remain on his own plane of existence, or to traverse into any of the so-called "Astral Planes", very much like Professor X.
- Mental Detection: Can sense the presence of another superhuman mutant within a small but as yet undefined radius of himself by perceiving the distinctive mental radiations emitted by such a being.
- Mind Transferal: able to transfer both his mind and powers into other host bodies should his own physical body be somehow killed
Telekinesis: Telekinetically, Cable is capable of very fine control over objects; he can disassemble complex devices explosively (separating every last component, such as screws, nuts, circuit boards, etc.), and just as quickly and easily assemble complex devices. This also has enabled him to even attain awareness and control over objects as small as individual electrons in an atom. For instance, Cable could detect if a seal was hermetic, or not, by checking for the presence of penetrating oxygen molecules. He could even detect and discern individual oxygen molecules, and determine the atomic weight of molecules, by the amount of atoms present. On larger levels, Cable can levitate great weights, into the hundreds of tons, but his upper limit has remained undisclosed.
- Matter Alteration: ability to alter molecular and atomic structures in such substances as his own techno-organic components (though this may be a function of telekinesis, as opposed to a discreet superhuman power).
- Psionic Spikes: ability to create destructive psionic spikes that destroy the physical objects that the spikes come into contact with.
- Forcefields: ability to create protective force shields that could detect even the most powerful of attacks (even filter bacteria from the air). The upper limits of this ability remain unknown, but it is believed that he could probably protect himself from harm at the ground zero detonation of a 1 kiloton nuclear warhead (4.18 terajoules of energy from the heat, concussion and radiation effects). Cable has also displayed such control over the fields as to shape them precisely, even to conform very closely to his body’s form. There does not appear to be any correlation between field strength and the thickness of the telekinetic fields.
- Concussive Blasts: can project his telekinetic energies as powerful blast beams directed from his brain that could apparently affect matter with concussive force.
- Telekinetic Flight: By levitating himself, he can “fly” at for very long distances and at varying speeds.
- Teleportation: By saying "Bodyslide by two," he can teleport or 'bodyslide' to virtually any area with a passenger. Theoretically speaking, if he says "Bodyslide by one," he should be able to teleport by himself. Bodysliding deactivates Cable's telekinesis and bodysliding abilities for a short amount of time. This ability has been seen in the Civil War comic books and Cable and Deadpool comics.
All of Cable's body has been taken over by the techno-organic virus, making him serve as the center consciousness and enhancing all of his techno-organic virus powers to new and unknown levels.
Master Combatant: Cable is a highly accomplished warrior and battle strategist, highly adept in many forms of hand-to-hand combat and in the use of a variety of weaponry from both the 20th and 40th Centuries.
Genius-level Intellect: Cable has a diploma in law. Cable possesses an intellect that may be on par with that of Reed Richards, which may be superhuman. He is also in possession of an education provided by the Clan Askani, which is far in advance of 20th – 21st century Earth-616 conventional education, especially in the sciences.
- 1 Appearances of Nathan Summers (Earth-58162)
- Minor Appearances of Nathan Summers (Earth-58162)
- Media Nathan Summers (Earth-58162) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Nathan Summers (Earth-58162)
- Quotations by or about Nathan Summers (Earth-58162)
- Character Gallery: Nathan Summers (Earth-58162)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|