At some point Cable was able to realize his dream of peace and harmony by eradicating war, hunger and prejudice. Bad TV programming also ended people's reliance on televisions. Cable took on the moniker of Brother Nathan as this world transformed into one where adventure came from thought and the exploration of the human mind. Although there was conflict between him and Cannonball, Cable was able to convince this world's Deadpool of the same virtues.
From Earth-616 and hunting for the missing Cable, Deadpool used Forge's interspatial and intraspatial harness to find him across dimensions. He ended up on Earth-58161. He initially scared a mother and child reading until several floating red security diamonds rapidly appeared and blasted him, eradicating his weapons. They then left to help someone with gastric indigestion.
Brother Nathan then telekinetically found him and discussed the virtues of the peaceful environment and harmony he had created while Deadpool balked at the idea of what he considered to be an incessantly boring world. Deadpool then teleported after being on this Earth just three minutes as Cannonball and Siryn arrived, persuing Deadpool. Those two soon followed Deadpool's next dimensional jaunt.
Telepathy: Ability read minds and project the thoughts of others
- Telepathic Illusion: Ability to create realistic telepathic illusions and cause people to experience events which are not actually occurring.
- Telepathic Cloak: Can mask his presence from being detected by others. His abilities can at times go undetected or be counteracted by other more powerful telepaths depending on their level of skill in using their own psi abilities. He can extend these defenses to others around him as well.
- Mind Link: ability to develop a mental link with any person which remains as a connection to that individual
- Telepathic Camouflage: ability to mask himself, and other peoples' presence from those around him. Can telepathically disguise himself, making his appearance to those around his quite different (changing the appearance of clothing, as well as more involved disguising).
- Mind Control: ability to control the minds and even voluntary and involuntary bodily functions of sentient beings (such as other Humans)
- Mind Trap: ability to take another’s mind from their body and effectively trapping that mind within his own.
- Mind Possession: ability to possess the mind of another, and use that beings body as your own
- Mind Alteration: ability to alter the minds of others by force of will.
- Mental Amnesia: ability to cause loss of particular memories, and amnesia in another person or even in a group of people
- Psionic Shield: ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of himself and of others minds. Cable has proven very difficulty to psychically assail, as he is very well skilled in shielding his own mind from mental-attacks (such as attempts to read, control or harm his own mind), and has been sufficient to protect himself from other psychics on the Omega-level.
- Psionic Blasts: Can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and can even kill an adversary.
- Astral Projection: ability to Astral Travel and communicate with others astrally through his own will, or through contact with the thoughts and memories of others. In the astral realm, where he can use his powers to create "ectoplasmic" objects. He cannot engage in long range astral projection on the earthly plane. Cable has a mastery of astral projection, and is able to remain on his own plane of existence, or to traverse into any of the so-called "Astral Planes", very much like Professor X.
- Mental Detection: Can sense the presence of another superhuman mutant within a small but as yet undefined radius of himself by perceiving the distinctive mental radiations emitted by such a being.
- Mind Transferal: able to transfer both his mind and powers into other host bodies should his own physical body be somehow killed
Telekinesis: Telekinetically, Brother Nathan is capable of very fine control over objects; he can disassemble complex devices explosively (separating every last component, such as screws, nuts, circuit boards, etc.), and just as quickly and easily assemble complex devices. This also has enabled him to even attain awareness and control over objects as small as individual electrons in an atom. For instance, Brother Nathan could detect if a seal was hermetic, or not, by checking for the presence of penetrating oxygen molecules. He could even detect and discern individual oxygen molecules, and determine the atomic weight of molecules, by the amount of atoms present. On larger levels, Brother Nathan can levitate great weights, into the hundreds of tons, but his upper limit has remained undisclosed.
- Matter Alteration: ability to alter molecular and atomic structures in such substances as his own techno-organic components (though this may be a function of telekinesis, as opposed to a discreet superhuman power).
- Psionic Spikes: ability to create destructive psionic spikes that destroy the physical objects that the spikes come into contact with.
- Forcefields: ability to create protective force shields that could detect even the most powerful of attacks (even filter bacteria from the air). The upper limits of this ability remain unknown, but it is believed that he could probably protect himself from harm at the ground zero detonation of a 1 kiloton nuclear warhead (4.18 terajoules of energy from the heat, concussion and radiation effects). Brother Nathan has also displayed such control over the fields as to shape them precisely, even to conform very closely to his body’s form. There does not appear to be any correlation between field strength and the thickness of the telekinetic fields.
- Concussive Blasts: can project his telekinetic energies as powerful blast beams directed from his brain that could apparently affect matter with concussive force.
- Telekinetic Flight: By levitating himself, he can “fly” at for very long distances and at varying speeds.
- Teleportation: By saying "Bodyslide by two," he can teleport or 'bodyslide' to virtually any area with a passenger. Theoretically speaking, if he says "Bodyslide by one," he should be able to teleport by himself. Bodysliding deactivates Brother Nathan's telekinesis and bodysliding abilities for a short amount of time.
Much of Brother Nathan’s body has been infiltrated and altered by the techno-organic virus, which has taken the form of cybernetics and bionics, meaning he is a cyborg. The primary infection resides in Brother Nathan’s left side. As a consequence of his telekinetic guidance and his ability to control his own physical substance, Brother Nathan’s entire body has been heavily fortified, down to the cellular level, rendering superhuman strength to an unknown degree, as well as a superhuman level of resistance to physical harm. His entire skeletal structure has been replaced by porous, marrow-filled organic metalloid bone replacements that do not interfere with the creation of erythrocytes (red blood cells).
- Superhuman Endurance: Brother Nathan possesses superhuman physical endurance, just as he does superhuman levels of mental endurance. He is capable of exerting himself at peak levels (fighting full-out, sprinting, etc.) for several hours, before fatigue begins to visibly impair his performance. He is also capable of going extended periods of time without sleep, being fully capable of fully resting with not much over an hour of sleep. However, whenever both possible and feasible, Brotehr Nathan still chooses to sleep for hours at a time (approximately 6 – 8), in order to dream. This high endurance has had other effects on his body, making even his soft tissues extremely durable, and more than up to the task of rendering him virtually immune to conventional firearms and conventional firearm munitions.
His entire CNS (Central Nervous System) has been augmented by chemical changes down to the atomic level and by biocomputer enhancement, rendering his reaction time far above what is possible for a Human being.
- Superhuman Speed: In spite of his great size and impressive build, Brother Nathan is literally fast enough to evade high-powered bullets in-flight (after they have been fired), and even has the ability to visually track rounds after they’ve been fired (though they are not easy to see, except through his cybernetic eye).
This great speed is also visible in superhuman levels of dexterity and agility, including manual and pedal dexterity.
- Superhuman Agility.
- Superhuman Dexterity.
Among his many cybernetic functions.
- Cybernetic Eye: This eye permits Brother Nathan to see deep into the EM (Electro-Magnetic) spectrum, and far deeper than any known 20th – 21st century technologies are capable of. It is also possible that through this eye, Cable is able to see the deployment of psionic energies, as well as the less exotic spectra of electromagnetic energies.
- Cybernetic Arm: His left arm is completely mechanical, and while Brother Nathan is ambidextrous, is his stronger arm, probably capable of allowing him to curl and deadlift several tons, without assistance from his right arm. His right arm is also cybernetic, but far less so.
- Cybernetic Restoration: Through a combination of his telekinetic abilities, and his ability to rearrange the atomic structures of matter (including his own techno-organic matter), Brother Nathan is able to rapidly repair any damaged components within his body. However, if there is widespread damage, this may not be possible, as he may be unable to muster the energy to affect these repairs. It is through these abilities that the physical appearance of his cybernetic components has changed, over the passage of time, as well. At times, they have been articulated, smooth artificial limbs, while at others they have been observed to grow razor-sharp blades on command, as well as retract them. Briother Nathan is also able to rapidly redesign and improve his cybernetic and bionic components, thus. On-the-spot improvisations has allowed him to create a variety of microcomputers in his totally mechanized left arm that do such things as allow him to physically interface with exterior computers, uplink/download to computers he has hidden across the world and in space, and even permit cellular communications and high-speed, broadband, wireless Internet access.
Master Combatant: Brother Nathan is a highly accomplished warrior and battle strategist, highly adept in many forms of hand-to-hand combat and in the use of a variety of weaponry from both the 20th and 40th Centuries.
Genius-level Intellect: Brother Nathan has a diploma in law. Brother Nathan possesses an intellect that may be on par with that of Reed Richards, which may be superhuman. He is also in possession of an education provided by the Clan Askani, which is far in advance of 20th – 21st century Earth-616 conventional education, especially in the sciences.
Brother Nathan's left arm is superhumanly strong, and he can augment himself by using his telekinesis.
Despite the ban on weapons, Brother Nathan carries a Psimitar - the very same weapon he used to battle Aocalypse's astral form after the mutant warlord attempted to take possession of his father. The weapon has been highly modified and now has been wrapped with a blue ceremonial tassel just beneath the blade. The weapon is possibly kept as a keepsake.
- 1 Appearances of Nathan Summers (Earth-58161)
- Media Nathan Summers (Earth-58161) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Nathan Summers (Earth-58161)
- Quotations by or about Nathan Summers (Earth-58161)
- Character Gallery: Nathan Summers (Earth-58161)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|