- I'm so scared my hands are shaking, but I'm here. I am, in my own small way, being a hero. I thought they'd be waiting for me, but everything is the way I left it. They can't stop me from being the kind of doctor -- the kind of man -- I want to be. The kind of man who can ask Liz Berry out to the pictures. Everything is going to be different -- better. But when I wake up, I know...I've just been a fool. Before, my thoughts were a tangled mess of doubt and confusion. But in the pain, I find clarity. My house is destroyed. My body disfigured. I an instant, everything I have is gone. None of it matters. This is an open door. I'm walking through it. The agony is just my body telling me a message. I'm taking something so I won't have to listen. It doesn't matter if my face is ruined. No one ever looked at me. I have no need to look fashionable or prosperous. I'll wear the garb of my profession. And I will never neglect my duty to prevent the spread of infection.
- -- Surgeon
Appearing in the 1st StoryEdit
- Surgeon (Rupert Kingsley) (First appearance)
- Achilles (Lewis Green) (First appearance as Achilles)
- Aviatrix (Sarah Starr)
- Operative (Dennis Piper)
- Revenant (Ezekiel Wright)
- Rupert's mother (Only appearance; dies)
- Liz Berry (Only appearance; dies)
- Willis (Only appearance; dies)
- Willis' wife (Only appearance; dies)
- Willis' son (Only appearance; dies)
- 160 other residents of Dark Willow (Only appearance; dies)
- numerous kidnapped children
- Achilles (Mentioned)
- Paris (Mentioned)
- Amulet of Achilles
- Aviatrix' Flight Suit
- Achilles' sword and shield (First appearance)
- Surgeon's scalpels (First appearance)
- Surgeon's syringes (First appearance)
- Copy of the Daily Bugle (Only appearance)
- Copy of the Mountain Messenger (Only appearance)
INTRODUCING MARVEL’S ALL-NEW, NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN HEROES OF THE ‘30s! On the hunt to solve the brutal murder of a Broadway starlet, The Operative, The Revenant and The Aviatrix smash their way from the gleaming penthouses of privilege to the squalid alleyways of Manhattan, as the full horror of their enemies’ schemes unfolds! Plus: experience the power of the mighty Achilles and the bizarre tactics of the syringe-wielding Surgeon! Award-winning historical thriller novelist David Liss (Black Panther: The Man Without Fear) and acclaimed artist Patrick Zircher (Spider-Man Noir) weave an edge-of-your-seat and in-continuity adventure intertwined with America’s most scandalous crimes! Before the Invaders...before the Twelve...who were the Mystery Men?
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|