Dr. MacLain began to develop super-strong metals for the US Government at the beginning of World War II. While experimenting on various alloys for use as tank armor in future battlefield, he accidentally created the ultra-resilient Vibranium-Steel alloy shield that is used by Captain America.
MacLain worked for some time at the U.S. Department of Agriculture, secretly the cover for the Weapon X Program' activities after its break-off with Weapon Plus; MacLain was approached by Department H agent Logan, who was in search for answers about his adamantium skeleton.
When S.H.I.E.L.D. fell after the Skrull invasion, Dr. MacLain was listed as active at Hydra's Tarantula station. Whether this means MacLain was one of Hydra's agents undercover in S.H.I.E.L.D. or was captured or undercover on behalf of S.H.I.E.L.D. at Tarantula station is unknown.
MacLain is one of the world's foremost metallurgists, specializing in developing highly durable metals. He remains remarkably vital despite his advanced age.
- 12 Appearances of Myron MacLain (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Myron MacLain (Earth-616)
- Media Myron MacLain (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Myron MacLain (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Myron MacLain (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Myron MacLain (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|