- Dammit, Carol! How can you not see what's happening? How can you not see how wrong this all is?!
Appearing in "For the Best"Edit
Heroes on the run:
- Julia Carpenter (Main story and flashback)
- Max Coleridge (Main story and flashback)
- Walter Cornwall (First appearance)
- Elizabeth Cornwall (First appearance)
- Rachel Carpenter (Main story and flashback)
- Rogue (Anna Marie) (Cameo)
- Avengers (Mentioned)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Mentioned)
- Marie Danvers (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "For the Best"Edit
Shroud is under custody at the Avengers Tower and Carol interrogates him about Julia Carpenter's recovery and whereabouts. Max remembers how Julia was left paraplegic but doctors were able to synthetize the spider-formula that gave Julia her powers. In time, she regained her powers and ability to walk. She was able to reconnect with her daughter Rachel and get her life back on track. He calls Carol out on her work to hunt people down like animals, and for someone who is supposed to be a hero, she is acting like a thug. Carol throws it back at him, saying that Julia smashed her into a guardrail and put innocent people in danger.
Later, Ms. Marvel and her team, Araña included, arrive at Denver, Colorado. Julia is staying with her parents and is packing her bags with Rachel. At first, Ms. Marvel attempts to have Julia come with her without further incident, but Julia refuses to join the government's crusade and locks her daughter up in a car to protect her. Julia attacks her, but Ms. Marvel takes her down and S.H.I.E.L.D. agents separate her from her daughter.
Anya is left shocked by the turn of events and begins having doubts about SHRA. Carol also expresses regret at taking Julia away from Rachel. When she returns to her apartment, Carol stumbles upon a surprise guest: it is Rogue, and she and Carol have a problem to solve.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|