- If we all remember our roles, I'll be able to deliver my little message and go. The gist of the message is pretty simple. I'm going to kill you. Really, reeeeally painfully. So, what say we just get started on that?
- -- Taskmaster
Appearing in "The Bottom (Part IV of VI) - Interest in a Mirror"Edit
- Moon Knight (Marc Spector) (Flashback and main story)
- Crawley (as an hallucination)
- Frenchie (Behind the scenes)
- Khonshu (appearing as Bushman)
- Marlene Alraune
Synopsis for "The Bottom (Part IV of VI) - Interest in a Mirror"Edit
Marc Spector kneels before the statue of Khonshu. Suddenly, a voice from behind the statue begins taunting him. Marc reels backwards, as Bushman steps out from behind the statue. His face is nothing more than a patch of red, raw muscle. This is not the true Bushman however, but rather, it is Khonshu taking Bushman's likeness to commune with Marc.
Miles away, the Profile sits in a seedy motel room with the female board member of the Committee. Having just spent an intimate evening together, she asks him about his special gifts. He describes for her his ability to "read" the behavioral patterns of others. Having delved deeply into the psychological profile of Marc Spector, the Profile knows that Moon Knight will be looking for some payback.
Back at Spector's home, Khonshu continues to poke at Spector's psyche by inundating him with images from the past. He sees flashes of Marlene, Crawley, Frenchie, Jack Russell and Marlene's late father, Doctor Peter Alraune. Holding a gun to his own head, Marc asks Khonshu why he abandoned him. Khonshu replies that he could never abandon his last true son.
The Profile meanwhile, continues to entertain his bed partner by telling her all about Marc Spector. He reveals tidbits of Spector's past associations both with and against the previous Committee.
At Spector's apartment, Marlene walks into the room and finds Marc mumbling before the statue of Khonshu. She asks him if he is insane, and admonishes him for the brutal attack against the man who assaulted Frenchie. She tells him that police officers have been visiting Frenchie's room looking to find information.
Suddenly, the Taskmaster smashes through the window and attacks them. Marlene instantly takes the offensive and leaps at him, while Marc throws a dagger in his direction. The Taskmaster evades the dagger and smashes Marlene's face against the floor. He then trips Marc up and pins his hand against the floor with one of his own crescent darts.
- This issue is reprinted in Moon Knight: The Bottom.
- Moon Knight does not appear in costume in this issue.
- The name of the Committee member that Taskmaster killed in issue #3, Donnie, is revealed in this issue.
- The flashback revealing the death of Peter Alraune is incorrect. Alraune was not stabbed in the back, but rather, was bitten to death by Bushman. This took place in Moon Knight (Volume 1) #1.
- When Marc sees the image of Peter Alraune, he shouts out "Morpheus!" Morpheus was one of Moon Knight's older foes, whom he first encountered in Moon Knight (Volume 1) #12.
- No trivia.
- Moon Knight image gallery
- Moon Knight chronology page
- Moon Knight quotes page
- Marlene Alraune chronology page
- Moon Knight Vol 1
- Moon Knight Vol 2
- Marc Spector: Moon Knight Vol 1
- Moon Knight Vol 3
- Moon Knight Vol 4
- Moon Knight Vol 5
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Moon Knight (Volume 3) series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Moon Knight (Volume 3) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Moon Knight article at Wikipedia
- Moon Knight article at Marvel Universe
- Moon Knight article at Don Markstein's Toonopedia
- Ultimate Moon Knight resource
|Like this? Let us know!|