Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appearing in "What's Happening, Baby?"Edit
- Toni Turner
- Clicker Holbrook
- The Gears (First appearance)
- Howard Hanover
- Chili Storm
- Frankie Finn
- Ralph Peters
- Discotheque attendees
- Hanover modelling agency
- The Pudding Bowl discotheque
- Millie's apartment
- Television studio
Synopsis for "What's Happening, Baby?"Edit
Clicker takes Millie to the Pudding Bowel, a new discotheque where the band "the Gears" are playing. Two of the singes, Russ and Joe Brockman, recognise Millie from their school days in Kansas. They are looking for a discotheque girl and Millie agrees to fill in temporarily to repay favours at school. The group rapidly soars in popularity and gains major media coverageHowever Clicker is jealous of the arrangement even though he apologises about it. Meanwhile Chili gets ideas and decides to find her own band to dance with, whilst Toni gets ever more assignments at the agency. However Toni has to point out to Millie that her relationship with Clicker is difting. Millie realises she must find a way out of the band, but there has been no attempt to get a replacement for her because they feel she is essential to their success whilst their agent Frankie Finn keeps on securing appearances. Eventually Millie tricks the band into thinking she's dancing on a separate stand, and thus they perform successfully without her. They are approached by Ralph Petes of Stun Records who offers a long-term contract. The band spots Millie sitting at a table with Clicker and realises what she was up to. She and Clicker dance away, with things back to normal. Meanwhile Chili's ambitions have led her to the snowbound town of Hixville with a terrible band.
- Fashions and hair-dos in the main story include those designed by readers Marybeth Giacoia, Susan Kolle, Deana Wyrick, Rachelle Treantafelo, Melissa Morgan, Randee Grossman, Janice Linsley and Becky White.
- This issue features a letters page, Millie's Marvelous Mail, answered by Millie herself. Letters are published from Susan Brown, Kathleen Kinzell, Vickie Garbe, Lillian Malki, Sue Rossing, Linda Wright & Marie Abeyta and Sherry Montigney.
- This issue contains several pages featuring readers' designs:
- Millie and Toni's Precious Party Gowns features hair-dos and/or designs by readers Robin Soletsky, Chistine Cholvin & Patrice Wiley, Sharon Martin and Marily Majoch & Judy Rounds.
- Millie's Wonderful Winter-Wear features hair-dos and/or designs by readers Sharon Willcoxon, Karen Hatakevaka, Luanne Smith and Candy Ezells.
- Smart styles for Chili features hair-dos and/or designs by readers Connie Hayden, Robin Frazier, Grace Finley, Susan Cuthrell and Laura Garten.
- Tono's and Chili's Chaming Hair-Styles features hair-dos by readers Gigi Lorenza, Margarita & Roberto Paz, Laverne Mehannah, Joan Austin, Roy Hutchinson, Susan Glickman, Ruth Wozniak and Sonja Hilterbrand.
- Also included is Chili's Pin-Up Page
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|