Morbius is a Vampire, the son of Vlad Dracul II, and brother of Vlad Dracula III himself. Morbius heroically struggles against his baser instincts.
He met Spider-Man in a misunderstanding, centering around a cabal of vampires attacking Ben Urich. He was trying to stop Urich from becoming a vampire, which he succeeded in doing despite the conflict. When Spider-Man was bitten by the vampire that targeted Urich, Morbius found that his blood was changed, considered diseased and thus reassured Spider-Man's that he was immune from changing into a vampire. He told Spider-Man that if they ever met again, he would have to grow up.
Vampirism: Unlike other vampires, whose bite spreads their disease, Morbius' bite cures those infected so long as they have not completed the transformation; Morbius seems to find the process painful, possibly because it awakens his normally restrained hunger. 
Superhuman Strength: Like all vampires, Morbius possesses superhuman strength. Although it is unknown to which extent
Superhuman Speed: Morbius is capable of running and moving at speeds greater than even the finest human athlete
Superhuman Stamina: Morbius body is more resistant to the fatigue toxins generated by his muscles during physical activity. He can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to affect him
Superhuman Agility: Morbius' ability, balance, and body coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural limits of the human body
Superhuman Reflexes: Morbius natural reaction time is enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural limits of the human body
Regenerative Healing Factor: Morbius is capable of regenerating damaged or destroyed tissue much greater than an ordinary human
Immortality: Morbius, like all vampires, is functionally immortal in the sense that he is immune to the effects of aging (being over 500 years old), it is unknown if he is immune to all known Earthly diseases
Fangs: Like all vampires, Morbius has fangs and claws. He can quickly drain a victim of blood
Like all vampires, Morbius can't live in the sun, or else he'll disintegrate
- Unlike the original character from which he was derived, "Ultimate" Morbius is a true vampire, the son of Vlad Dracul II, and brother of Vlad Dracula III himself (who was, in Ultimate marvel continuity, the same as the historic ruler of our world, rather than a vampire), with all of the powers and abilities associated with the usual interpretation of Dracula. This Morbius, however, seems to be heroically struggling against his baser instincts.
- 3 Appearances of Michael Morbius (Earth-1610)
- Minor Appearances of Michael Morbius (Earth-1610)
- Media Michael Morbius (Earth-1610) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Michael Morbius (Earth-1610)
- Quotations by or about Michael Morbius (Earth-1610)
- Character Gallery: Michael Morbius (Earth-1610)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|