An attorney-at-law with a disability. As a youth, he had trouble with local bullies and a close bond with his father. He was blinded in a radioactive accident that also drastically heightened his remaining senses and gave him a "radar-sense", which allowed him to perceive his surroundings. After this, he made a silent promise with his father to "stick up for the long shots". His father is killed not long after this moment, he vows to seek justice by any means. At night, Murdock becomes Daredevil, and takes justice into his hands. Throughout the film, Murdock deals with the moral implications of being a vigilante, and tries to prove that he is not a villain. His decision to spare Kingpin is a means of proving the latter to himself, on the grounds that a villain would have killed his opponent. In the last moments of the film Murdock finds a good luck charm that is similar to the one Elektra showed him, suggesting that she is alive. The film ends with Ben Urich, who realizes that a man like Daredevil is needed, deciding at the last moment to delete the article he had composed, and even encouraging Murdock to carry on with his fight.
He can lift up to 650 lbs
He is sensitive to loud noise
He travels the rooftops on foot, aided by his grapling hook and cable in his billy club
- Ben Affleck portrays Matt Murdock in Daredevil. Scott Terra portrays the character as a boy in the same film.
- Matt Murdock also appeared in a deleted dream sequence of the movie's spin-off Elektra, featured on the DVD release.
- 4 Appearances of Matthew Murdock (Earth-701306)
- Media Matthew Murdock (Earth-701306) was Mentioned in
- 12 Images featuring Matthew Murdock (Earth-701306)
- Quotations by or about Matthew Murdock (Earth-701306)
- Character Gallery: Matthew Murdock (Earth-701306)
Matt Murdock on The Wiki
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|