- Only Fu Manchu may choose the moment of your death. And that moment shall arrive when it best amuses me.
- -- Fu Manchu, to Shang-Chi
Appearing in "Season of Vengeance, Moment of Death!"Edit
Synopsis for "Season of Vengeance, Moment of Death!"Edit
Part 1: Season of Vengeance ... Demmy Marston, an underworld figure in Miami, blames Shang-Chi for his girlfriend's death and puts out a general hit order. Shang-Chi, having swum ashore, finds Marineland. He enters, curious about the oxymoron in its name. He encounters a leaping, cheerful-looking dolphin. When he hears a gunman behind him, he ducks, just as the dolphin leaps into the path of the bullet. Shang-Chi takes down the gunman, as well as five others. Another team appears, too far away to fight, so he dives into another tank.
Part 2: Moment of Death!
This tank holds a shark! Shang-Chi punches it a few times and knocks it out, then has to surface for air. A gunman punches him and knocks him out.
He wakes on an island in the Florida Keys, tied to a tree, at the mercy of Marston. Marston beats Shang-Chi with a tree limb. Only gradually does he realize that a team of Si-Fan assassins has come ashore and surrounded his own team of assassins. A helicopter lands, and Fu Manchu emerges. He wants to savor Shang-Chi's death in his own way and on his own schedule. He holds out a viper that bites Marston neck and kills him. Shang-Chi, freed from his bonds, collapses on the sand.
- Giant-Size Master of Kung Fu #2 is published shortly after this issue.
- This issue contains the first blurb for MOKF: Call me Shang-Chi, as my father did, when he raised me and molded my mind and my body in the vacuum of his Honan, China, retreat. I learned many things from my father: that my name means "The Rising and Advancing of a Spirit," that my body could be forged into a living weapon through the discipline of kung fu, and that it might be used for the murder of a man called Dr. Petrie.
Since then, I have learned that my father is Dr. Fu Manchu, the most insidiously evil man on earth ... and that to honor him would bring nothing but dishonor to the spirit of my name.
- Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #1-33
- Master of Kung Fu #17-125
- Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu #1-6
- Special Marvel Edition #15-16
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|