Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appearing in "Bleeding Black"Edit
Synopsis for "Bleeding Black"Edit
Shang Chi, Master of Kung Fu, has been poisoned. His only hope is to find the elixir vitae, the serum of eternal life created by his father.
Shang Chi's quest takes him to all of his father's hidden facilities, where he will face the deadly traps designed to keep out thieves. He is accompanied by his allies from British Secret Service: Sir Denis Nayland Smith, Clive Reston, Blackjack Tarr and his beloved Leiko Wu.
On the verge of death, he must nonetheless find the strength to defeat the assassin Shadow Hand, though every minute he is delayed brings him closer to the end.
- Wraparound cover.
- This one-shot square-bound special follows events which were originally chronicled in Marvel Comics Presents #1-8.
- The story is divided into the following chapters:
- Chapter I: Dark Mirror
- Chapter II: The One-Eyed Guide
- Chapter III: The Unfolding Puzzle
- Chapter IV: The Floating Serpent
- Chapter V: The Returning Stranger
- Chapter VI: The Crowning Darkness
- Chapter VII: The Beasting Man
- Chapter VIII: The Rising Bars
- Chapter IX: The Mirroring Darkness
- Chapter X: The Dying Elixir
- The chapters are all 8-pages and therefore likely to have originally been planned for publication in Marvel Comics Presents that almost always contained 8-page instalments.
- No colourist is credited.
- Shang-Chi appeared last in Moon Knight Special #1.
- Black Jack Tarr appeared last in Marvel Comics Presents #8. He appears next in Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu #1.
- Clive Reston appeared last in Marvel Comics Presents #8. He appears next in X-Men #62.
- Leiko Wu appeared last in Marvel Comics Presents #8. She next makes a behind-the-scenes appearance in Marvel Comics Presents #156.
- Fu Manchu appears in flashback only. His appearance here takes place between the flashback featured in Deadly Hands of Kung #11 and his first appearance in Special Marvel Edition #15.
- First appearance of Shadow-Hand (Li Chun).
- First appearance of Zaran II.
- The tagline for this issue is "The Return of Shang-Chi".
- Shang-Chi image gallery
- Shang-Chi chronology page
- Shang-Chi quotes page
- Clive Reston chronology page
- Fu Manchu chronology page
- Jack Tarr chronology page
- Leiko Wu chronology page
- Zaran chronology page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Master of Kung Fu: Bleeding Black Vol 1 1 on the forums
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Master of Kung Fu series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Shang-Chi at Wikipedia
- Shang-Chi at the Marvel Directory
|Like this? Let us know!|