The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.) is a private, coeducational, research university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts in the United States of America. M.I.T. has five schools and one college, containing a total of 32 academic departments, with a strong emphasis on scientific and technological research. M.I.T. is one of two private land-grant universities and is also a sea grant and space grant university.
M.I.T. alumni include Otto Octavius (who graduated at the top of his class), Tony Stark (who joined an undergraduate program at the age of fifteen and mayored in physics and electrical engineering), Sunset Bain (who seduced Stark into revealing the security codes for Stark Industries), Morley Erwin (who gained masters in electrical engineering), Erik Killmonger (PhD in Engineering and Master of Business Administration), Jeanne Foucault (who graduated at age of fourteen)
When the Avengers Unity Division faced off against a villain calling himself "The Shredded Man" in the streets of Boston, Massachusetts, Johnny Storm hightailed it over to M.I.T. to find people to help curtail the plant creatures the Shredded Man was spawning. However, they only had questions about Reed Richards' work.
Shortly after that, 15-year-old student Riri Williams caused a commotion when she stole campus equipment to build her own prototype Iron Man Armor based on reverse-engineered version of Tony Stark's own designs. When campus security caught notice of her suspicious activities, Riri was prompted to don the suit of armor and fly away.
Several decades later, he gave a presentation, showing his latest technology regarding hologramatic therapy and announcing the creation of a fund to provide for every project at M.I.T.. Following the event, Stark was confronted in the halls of the insitute by Miriam Sharpe, a mother whose son had died in Sokovia during a battle between Stark's Avengers and the supervillain Ultron.
- Tony Stark
- Otto Octavius
- Sunset Bain
- Walter Langkowski
- Riri Williams 
- Amara Perera
- Morley Erwin
- Jeanne Foucault
- Jason Philip Macendale Jr.
Points of Interest
- Simmons Hall
- The University has a long rivalry with CalTech (California Institute of Technology)
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Media Massachusetts Institute of Technology was Mentioned in
- Location Gallery: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Images related to Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Marvel Staff members who were born in Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Spider-Man - Doctor Octopus: Year One #1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Iron Man #288
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Iron Man #19
- ↑ Iron Man #168
- ↑ Jungle Action Vol 2 #6
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Avengers Academy #1
- ↑ Uncanny Avengers Vol 3 #2
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Invincible Iron Man Vol 2 #7
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Iron Man (film)
- ↑ Captain America: Civil War
- ↑ Spitfire and the Troubleshooters #1
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #9
- ↑ Invincible Iron Man Vol 2 #9
- ↑ Iron Man #170
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Spider-Man: Back in Black #1