- What a team we shall make! With my brain, there can be no secrets from me! I can see everything... learn anything! Even S.H.I.E.L.D. will be helpless to cope with me! And the Fixer shall fashion me weapons... weapons such as the world has never dreamed of! Together, we can rule mankind!
- -- Mentallo src
S.H.I.E.L.D. Psi Division
Flumm was recruited by the original S.H.I.E.L.D. as a candidate for their Psi Division. Having been fired for cause after attempting a covert takeover of that organization by working with Hydra.
Still a freelance agent of Hydra; Flumm escaped from prison, and teamed with his partner Fixer, together they captured Nick Fury and attempted takeover of the New York S.H.I.E.L.D. base. However Iron Man arrived and took them out with a team of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.
The two criminals escaped again and tried to get their revenge on S.H.I.E.L.D. They captured the Thing and tried to steal Doctor Doom's Time Platform from the Baxter Building. They planned to bring Deathlok from his alternate future to the present. Mentallo controlled Deathlok's mind and had him try and assassinate the President, but they were stopped Fantastic Four and arrested by S.H.I.E.L.D.
They were freed again by Baron Karza of the Microverse who had taken control of Hydra. He was freed to create the living machine-intelligence Computrex. However the machine was defeated and destroyed by the Micronauts.
He along with the Fixer teamed up with Professor Anthony Power to use Professor X powers to heal Professor Powers son who was injured in the Vietnam War. He invited him to his home along with Spider-Man. When Professor X was unable to help he imprisoned him in psychoplastic cage. Flumm shielded his mind while to hide the truth. Mentallo needed to drain Professor X's mind to fuel his own power. He planned to use the power to start a war with the Soviet Union. Spider-Man faced the Fixer while Flumm and Professor X fight a mind battle. However Professor X wins freeing himself after and explained to Professor Power that his machinations may had destroyed his son's mind forever.
The Fixer called upon his former ally Mentallo, but turns the tables on him. The Avengers are alerted by Mentallo's mental cries and invade the Fixer's lair. They work their way past the Fixer's security devices, but find that he has fled. They do however find out that the Super-Adaptoid is masquerading as the Fixer.
Under the name Think Tank, Flumm was a member of the Resistants, made up of members of Mutant Force (originally an incarnation of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants) and various other new members. The Resistants opposed the Mutant Registration Act.
Hulk & Thing
Mentallo along with the Fixer hired a host of super villains to attack the Hulk. However the Hulk was locked in an arm wrestling match with the Thing. The villains tried everything from laser fire to power tools, but nothing could interrupt their arm wrestling match. They even dropped a bomb on the bar, but all this succeeded in doing is destroying the bar and all of the furniture.
A.I.M. Weapons Expo
Mentallo once worked for the Red Skull and partnered with the Juggernaut in a successful attempt to get the Hulk to attack the Avengers. Mentallo (with technology that enhanced his telepathy) managed to mentally impersonate the Hulk's wife-killing father and bully him into submission, though Hulk eventually figured out it was an illusion and fought back so strongly that it created a powerful psychic backlash that knocked out Mentallo and everyone near both of them (though Vision escaped the effect due to his android body).
He used his telepathy as part of a conspiracy to break out of prison and acquire a device that would allow his employer to control all the supervillains who ever worked for Justin Hammer. Controlling the body of the villain Headlok, while Mentallo himself remained in prison, he freed several prisoners who came to be informally known as the Chain Gang. Hawkeye was included in the breakout, and led to the plan failing, following it up by forming a new team of Thunderbolts.
Flumm was forced into the conflict known as the Secret War. Lucia von Bardas of Latveria brought together a group of super criminals who she had provided technology to in the past. She forced them to attack S.H.I.E.L.D. She hoped to get a large number of the superhuman community in one place and take them all out. Agent Daisy Johnson was able to kill Lucia von Bardas, saving the city, the heroes and the criminals lives.
Flumm was in Las Vegas conning a casino owned by the Zebediah Killgrave the Purple Man, who did not appreciate his money being stolen. Killgrave and his bodyguards questioned Flumm, who offered that they team up, but Killgrave refused and ordered his men to kill him, Flumm escaped by creating a psychic illusion to be targeted. Fixer contacted him about a job, offering $5 million dollar. This lead him to join M.O.D.O.K.'s 11, a group of villains formed by M.O.D.O.K., along with Armadillo, Chameleon, Living Laser, Mandarin, Rocket Racer, Nightshade, Puma, Monica Rappaccini, Spot and the Ultra-Adaptoid. Flumm discovered that M.O.D.OK. was using a psychic illusion to create money for the teams fee. He decided to sell M.O.D.O.K's heist plans to the person who good remunerate the most money and went to offer the plans to Avengers. Meeting with Spider-Man, who revealed to be the Ultra-Adaptoid. The Ultra-Adaptoid appeared to kill Flumm in a hale of fire.
Mentallo escaped from his prison transport truck and starts messing with the Avengers. When Reptil dived at him, Mentallo telepathically suggested that he fly head fight into the ground. However, Reptil's loss of focus caused him to turn into a velociraptor instead, attacking Mentallo and breaking his spell over the Avengers.
Flumm tried to take control of the creatures on Monster Isle on behalf of the Roxxon Corporation who wanted to drill for oil there. He was however stopped by the Mutant heroes the X-Men He tried to flee with the billion dollars promised to him by Roxxon, but one of the monsters got hold of it and dropped the pile of money on him.
The Kingpin came to Flumm for help and freed him from a Tunisian prison. He hired him to use his powers to make a young girl named Teresa believe she was daughter of Richard and Mary Parker. This also meant she was the sister of Peter Parker. He used her with hopes of finding a secret vault, unleashing the robot known as the Sleeper. His plan worked it lead them straight their. During the fight, Flumm revealed the truth to everyone and escaped by releasing a psychic attack knocking everyone out.
|Power Grid |
- Low-Level Telepathy: Mentallo is a mutant with limited telepathic abilities, allowing to read minds, communicate telepathically, and other applications, including:
- Telepathic Illusions
- Mind Control
- Mental Probes: Mentallo also has the ability to send out mental probes to identify the shape and size of objects in his near vicinity, effectively creating some type of radar-sense. He can even locate invisible and intangible objects this way.
- Psycho-Helmet: To compensate for is limited powers Flumm had the the Fixer create the Psycho-Helmet to enhance his telepathic abilities. The special helmet protects him against telepathic feedback, background noise and other telepaths.
- Think Tank: As the Resistants member Think Tank, he used a small tread-propelled vehicle in which he sat, with his upper body and head still exposed. This tank unit was armed with a wide range of weapons - machine guns, grappler arms etc. - which Mentallo directly controlled with his telepathic ability and a special interface helmet.
- 80 Appearances of Marvin Flumm (Earth-616)
- Media Marvin Flumm (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 14 Images featuring Marvin Flumm (Earth-616)
- 3 Quotations by or about Marvin Flumm (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Marvin Flumm (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #7
- ↑ Captain America #238
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Strange Tales #141
- ↑ Strange Tales #142
- ↑ Strange Tales #143
- ↑ Spider-Woman Origin #2-5
- ↑ Daredevil #121-123
- ↑ Marvel Two-In-One #26
- ↑ Marvel Two-In-One #27
- ↑ Micronauts #24
- ↑ Micronauts #25-26
- ↑ Marvel Team-Up #118
- ↑ Avengers #287
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Captain America #346
- ↑ Incredible Hulk Annual #18
- ↑ Captain America #411-412
- ↑ Incredible Hulk #403
- ↑ Incredible Hulk #404
- ↑ Venom: Deathtrap: The Vault #1
- ↑ Web of Spider-Man #100
- ↑ Avengers: Unplugged #4
- ↑ Thunderbolts #26
- ↑ Thunderbolts: Life Sentences #1
- ↑ Thunderbolts #53-63
- ↑ Secret War #3
- ↑ Secret War #5
- ↑ X-Men: The 198 Files #1
- ↑ Super-Villain Team-Up MODOK's 11 #1
- ↑ Super-Villain Team-Up MODOK's 11 #2
- ↑ New Avengers #35
- ↑ New Avengers #56-57
- ↑ New Avengers Annual #3
- ↑ Avengers Academy #6
- ↑ Astonishing X-Men Vol 3 #36-37
- ↑ Astonishing X-Men Vol 3 #39-41
- ↑ Secret Avengers Vol 2 #2-16
- ↑ Spider-Man: Family Business #1
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition #29
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #8
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #6
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z hardcover Vol. 7
|Like this? Let us know!|