Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- You stole that Cube from Project Pegasus and we aim to get it back -- any way we can
- -- Thing
Appearing in "The Way the World Winds Down"Edit
- AIM (Only in flashback)
- SHIELD (Only in flashback)
- Clay Quatermain (Only in flashback)
- Ka-Zar (Only in flashback)
- Jo (Only in flashback)
- Mac (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The Way the World Winds Down"Edit
Continued from last issue... Having tracked down the Cult of Entropy to recover the Cosmic Cube, they arrive to find that the Cult has used it to bring to life their god: Jude the Entropic Man. The Cult's leader Victorius, explains how he came to become a member of the Cult and how they used the Cosmic Cube to turn the remains of their dead leader Yagzan into Jude to bring about their ideal of universal entropy.
When Ben and Cap try to take back the Cosmic Cube, it leads to them battle Victorius one-on-one, as Jude watches waiting to judge on humanity's fate. However, Jude isn't the only one watching, as the battle has also attracted the attention of the Man-Thing. As the struggle continues, the Man-Thing takes hold of the Cosmic Cube. When Victorius asks Jude to end the battle, the Entropic Man tries to convince Captain America to give into Entropy.
Cap almost does give in, however the Thing stops him and enters into Jude himself, instead of being killed Ben finds that has been restored to his human form. When Jude begins to believe that mankind is not ready to receive his gift of entropy decides to leave, but to take Victorius with him. As Victorius grapples with the Man-Thing to get hold of the Cosmic Cube, Jude touches Victorius. There is a flash of light, and Jude and Victorius have been transformed into a crystal structure.
Recovering the Cosmic Cube, Ben and Captain America return to Project Pegasus. The Man-Thing however, reconstitutes himself, and approaches the crystal. The muck-monster begins to change into human form as it gets closer to the crystal and decides to shamble away.
- Victorius mentions how he was trying to recreate the Super-Soldier Serum . He attempted this in Astonishing Tales #18.
- He also mentions that AIM used to be a part of Hydra. Such was the case when they first appeared in Strange Tales #146. However when they came under the leadership of MODOK in Tales of Suspense #93 they severed ties with Hydra.
- The Cult of Entropy was led by Yagzan until his death in Giant-Size Man-Thing #1.
- While Victorius is presumably still trapped in crystal, Jude later resurfaces years later in Secret Avengers Vol 2 #2.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|