Appearing in "Manhunters from the Stars!"Edit
- Mortoid (Only Appearance)
Synopsis for "Manhunters from the Stars!"Edit
Wundarr plummets into the ocean off the coast by Hydrobase, witnessed only by Namorita. She brings him to the shore and resuscitates him. Namor approaches and believes Wundarr to be an intruder. Wundarr is frightened and flees. Namortia convinces her cousin that Wundarr needs their help, and the follow after him. In Earth’s orbit, two Dakkamites discuss the need to destroy Wundarr. The Thing and the Human Torch exit a movie theater. While Johnny flies home, Ben decides to go for a reflective walk. Soon, Wundarr appears nearby. Confused by the noises and sights of the city, he goes on a rampage. The Dakkamites initially believe that The Thing will do their job for them, but they eventually decide to intervene.
To further complicate things, the Sub-Mariner and Namorita arrive, and Namor attacks the Thing to get him to stop fighting Wundarr. The Dakkamites take this moment send one of their robots in for the attack. However, the Thing and Sub-Mariner team-up to destroy the creature. When the Dakkamites try to take Wundarr (And Namorita, who is clutched by the unconscious Wundarr), the Thing and Sub-Mariner go to their rescue. Realizing that they cannot stop the two heroes, the Dakkamites abort their plan and flee. After the battle is over, the Sub-Mariner and Namorita leave Wundarr in the care of the Thing, who is absolutely flabbergasted as to what to do with the infantile Wundarr.
- The Sub-Mariner mentions the work they are doing on Hydro-Base. Referencing Sub-Mariner #68-69 specifically. Namor and his cousin are on Hydro-Base attempting to find a cure for the Hydro-Men.
- The origins of Wundaar presented here are a retelling of events from Fear #17.
- Ben and Namor's battle against the Mortoid is revisited in Code of Honor #1.
- Wundarr is left in Ben's care until Marvel Two-In-One #4.
- The letters page in this issue contains Marvel Value Stamp #63: The Sub-Mariner.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|