Appearing in "This City -- Afire!"Edit
- Ka-Zar (Only in flashback)
- Zabu (Only in flashback)
- Volcanus' men (Only in flashback)
- New York Fire Department
- Volcanus (Mentioned)
- Mr. Fantastic (Mentioned)
- Vision (Mentioned)
- Dr. Doom (Mentioned)
- Deathlok (Mentioned)
- Killraven (Mentioned)
- Aunt May (Mentioned)
- Aunt Petunia (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Dinosaurs (Only in flashback)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
Synopsis for "This City -- Afire!"Edit
Arriving back to the present following an adventure through time, Spider-Man cannot clearly recall whatever he experienced in the future. As Dr. Doom's time machine disappears, Spider-Man decides to return home to try and get his life back in order.
Meanwhile, in the Savage Land, the Thing continues to travel through a cavern after parting company with Ka-Zar and Zabu. There he runs into the cause of the seismic activity in the Savage Land: Basilisk. The two battle each other. While in New York, Peter Parker tries to get caught up on his homework when he gets a call from Mary Jane, checking up to see if he's safe, because of a volcano sprouting in the middle of the harbor outside New York.
When Peter realizes that this is real, he changes to Spider-Man to see what he can do. Arriving at the top of the volcano, he is confronted by Basilisk who is carrying a defeated and unconscious Thing over his head.
This story is continued in Marvel Team-Up #47....
- This story continues immediately after Marvel Two-In-One #16 where Thing mentions being sent by Mr. Fantastic to Savage Land, where he teamed up with Ka-Zar and fought off Volcanus. The story continues in Marvel Team-Up #47.
- Spider-Man has just returned to the present after a trip through time that brought him to the Salem Witch Trials (Marvel Team-Up #41-44) as well as the possible futures of Earth-691 (Marvel Team-Up #45), Earth-7484 (Marvel Team-Up #46).
- As revealed in Marvel Two-In-One #27, Spider-Man's return was observed by Mentallo, allowing him to learn about Deathlok.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|