Appearing in "Future-Shock!"Edit
- Minions of the Martian Masters
- Cotton Mather
- Abraham Lincoln (Cameo)
- Freemen (Only in flashback)
- Green Goblin (Vision)
- Mary Jane Watson (Vision)
- Goblin Glider (Vision)
Synopsis for "Future-Shock!"Edit
Still in the past, Spider-Man laments over the hanging of innocent people during the Salem Witch trials, however his opponent in this time: Cotton Mather has been reduced to a catatonic state. Finding nothing left to keep him in the past, Spider-Man takes Dr. Doom's Time Machine and attempts to travel back to his own time.
However a malfunction in the device sends Spider-Man to the year 2019 and right smack in the middle of another conflict between Killraven, and minions of the Martian Masters who have taken over Earth in this era. Initially believing that Spider-Man is another agent of the Martians, he soon changes his opinion when the wall-crawler changes when Spider-Man helps Killraven take down a number of the Martian tripod crafts.
However when ground forces manage to get the drop on the two fast-allies, they are doused with a hallucinigenic gas which causes them to be haunted by visions. While Killraven is haunted by vision of Volcana Ash, who chides him over his quest for freedom taking away from his capacity of love, Spider-Man is haunted by visions of the Green Goblin and his guilt for having feelings towards Mary Jane so soon after Gwen Stacy's death. The two manage to fight off their hallucinations and realize that they also manage to fight off their attackers as well.
With their foes defeated, Killraven invites Spider-Man to join his Freemen, an offer which Spider-Man declines explaining that he has too many loose ends in his own time to deal with, and jumps back aboard Dr. Doom's time machine hoping that it will bring him back to his own time.
- Inks: backgrounds by Hunt (uncredited).
- Letters (story pages): Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Mantlo pages 2-17.
- Although at one time the "future" world which Killraven comes from (the year 2019) was intended to be one of the possible futures of the mainstream Marvel universe, it has been retconned to be an alternate reality, designated Earth-691. It can be presumed that the malfunction in Dr. Doom's time machine not only sent Spider-Man to the year 2019, but also brought him to another reality.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mail It to Team-Up. Letters are published from Dean Mullaney, Peter Harvey, Richard Nathan, and Mark Dooley.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|