Appearing in "Chapter One: Any Number Can Slay!"Edit
- Lefty (First appearance)
- Louie (First appearance)
- Scar (First appearance)
- Crime-Master (Nick Lewis Jr.) (First appearance)
- Manuel Arguelles (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Chapter One: Any Number Can Slay!"Edit
While out on patrol Spider-Man meets a young Spanish boy named Mosqiuto, who gets caught in the middle of an attempt to assassinate Spider-Man, the assassin gets away and the only fatality is one of Mosquito's pigeons. Meanwhile, the Human Torch is out in the Fantasticar when he is attacked by Montana and Fancy Dan, who easily defeat the Torch and take him captive.
Later, Spider-Man happens upon a gang of criminals who are hoisting a coffin into a warehouse. Sneaking into the building, he is shocked to see the someone posing as the Big Man, allowing criminals to bet on the life of the Human Torch. Taking out one of the criminals and disguising himself in the crooks clothes, Spider-Man manages to get close enough to the coffin to break the glass and free the Torch.
The two make short work of the criminals and the Enforcers, just when they are about to take out the Big Man, they are suddenly interrupted when the Crime Master (apparently alive and well) and the Sandman, who have come to take control of the criminal underworld.
This story is continued next issue...
- Sequence 1 Chapter One: Any Number Can Slay!
- Page one credits Yvie Perez for the "Spanish Translations".
- Inks: backgrounds by Hunt (uncredited).
- Letters (story pages): Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Mantlo pages 2-18.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mail It To Team-Up Letters are published from Nicholas Caputo, Kenneth A. Jones, Joe Velicky and RALPH.
- Nicholas "Nick" Caputo has become a long-time Marvel indexer.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|