Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Sometimes I wonder: Am I Spider-Man because I want to help people -- or because I want to hurt them? These days I seem to do more hurting than helping.
- -- Peter Parker
Appearing in "Anybody Here Know a Guy Named Meteor Man?"Edit
- Ivan Carmichael (First appearance)
- prison guards
- Bill Gordon (Only Appearance) (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Anybody Here Know a Guy Named Meteor Man?"Edit
When returning home, Nighthawk finds that his apartment is being robbed by the Looter, who steals a meteor fragment from Nighthawk's private safe before fleeing. Reviewing his private library, Nighthawk learns of the Looter's past and of his previous battle with Spider-Man.
Coincidentally, as Nighthawk searches the city for the Looter, he comes across Spider-Man, who is out trying to find the Scorpion. After an accidental collision, Spider-Man agrees to help Nighthawk find the Looter. As Nighthawk goes to the prison to learn how the Looter managed to escape from jail, Spider-Man scours the city to find their quarry.
Nighthawk learns that Norton Fester was a model prisoner, until one of his fellow inmates jeering about Fester being a loser caused him to lose his temper, reactivating his super-strength and allowing him to escape. Spider-Man, however, doesn't find much more than a strange religious cult that worships a man named Jeramiah in his searches. However, the Looter gets the drop on him soon enough.
During Spider-Man's fight with the Looter, the Looter manages to get the best of him and escape, and the arriving Nighthawk saves Spider-Man. Angered that the Looter got away, Spider-Man lashes out at Nighthawk and calls him a coward, upon which Nighthawk strikes Spider-Man. The two part on bad terms, and Spider-Man leaves to continue his hunt for the Scorpion. While the two heroes depart, the cult's leader Jeramiah arrives to his followers and tell them that Spider-Man is a symbol of modern day evil that must be destroyed.
This story is continued next issue.
- The events in this issue happen between the events of Amazing Spider-Man #145.
- In this issue Norton Fester changes his name from "The Looter" to the "Meteor Man".
- This issue contains a letters page, Mail It To Team-Up. Letters are published from Roger Klorese, Mike Verderosa, and Donald J. Harlow. The letters page also contains a Series "A" Marvel Value Stamp #84 Doctor Doom.
- Despite the events in this issue happening between the events of Amazing Spider-Man #145, it wasn't included in Spider-Man: The Original Clone Saga #1.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|