- Maybe it's time Spider-Man and the Human Torch teamed up again.
- -- Johnny Storm
Appearing in "The Power to Purge!"Edit
- Nikos (Only in flashback)
- Martine Bancroft
- Jacob Bolt (First appearance)
- Jefferson Bolt (Only appearance; dies)
- Hans Jorgenson (First appearance)
- Paul (Only Appearance)
- New York City
Synopsis for "The Power to Purge!"Edit
When Jefferson Bolt spends a night arguing with his brother Jacob about the merits of getting an education in a "white man's world", Hans leaves the argument. Jefferson then comes across the body of Morbius the Living Vampire washed ashore who revives and tries to feed on him. Meanwhile, Spider-Man swings through the city, when a sudden bout of illness causes him almost lose consciousness.
Meanwhile, at the Baxter Building, the Fantastic Four are visited by Martine Bancroft, who has come seeking Reed's help dealing with her fiancé, Michael Morbius. Johnny, remembering Spider-Man's earlier battle against Morbius, leaves on his own to find Spider-Man and seek his help, and to find Morbius' former partner, Hans Jorgenson. Meanwhile, Jefferson Bolt has been turned into a vampire by being bitten by Morbius and seeks to use his newfound power for crime.
Meanwhile a worsening Spider-Man decides to go and seek out Jorgenson himself. The two end up arriving at the same time interrupting Jorgenson's lecture, Jorgenson however takes them in and tells them all he knows about Michael Morbius. When Morbius next strikes, Spider-Man and the Torch are there to try and stop him, however things are complicated when Jefferson Bolt and members of Bert Tacker's gang intervene. However, during the fight, Morbius tries to feed on Jacob Bolt, forcing Jefferson to defend his brother.
Jefferson is killed when Morbius pushes him away, the shove causing him to strike his head on a rock. Morbius flees and the gang quickly disperses, while Jacob mourns the loss of his brother.
- This issue contains its first letters page, debuting as Mail It To Team-Up. Letters are published from Barry Zee Zlachower, David McDonnell, and Bob Rozakis.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#914-Z.
- What can even Spidey and the Torch do - against the super-powered vampire called Morbius?
- Ben Grimm is shown watching All in the Family on television with Carroll O'Connor depicted playing his classic role of Archie Bunker.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|