- There are things in the infinite cosmos that are far beyond your power to permit or deny, Xandu!
Appearing in "The Spider and the Sorcerer!"Edit
- Melinda Morrison (First appearance)
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
- Wand of Watoomb
- Crystal of Kadavus (First appearance)
- Cloak of Levitation
- Eye of Agamotto
Synopsis for "The Spider and the Sorcerer!"Edit
Spider-Man breaks up a mugging. Unexpectedly, the would-be victim hypnotizes him and sends him to Doctor Strange's house to steal the Crystal of Kadavarus. Befuddled by a spell, Spider-Man knocks an urn off a table, alerting Strange. The same spell makes a friendly Strange seem hostile to Spider-Man. In the ensuing altercation, Strange holds back. A strand of webbing pulls an idol off a shelf and onto his head. Spider-Man finds the gem and leaves.
Xandu (the mugging victim) uses the crystal to energize the Wand of Watoomb. He tells the still-ensorceled Spider-Man that he needs the wand to save his lady love, Melinda. Years ago, while still learning magic, Xandu accidently hit her with a mystic bolt and put her in a coma. Strange appears, having finally located Spider-Man. Xandu transports the three of them to his own dimension. Strange and Spider-Man (free of his spell) quickly learn that their powers don't work in this dimension. Strange secretly casts a spell to switch their powers: Strange catches Xandu in a web, and Spider-Man hits him with a full-face spell. The wand falls. Strange throws it away to drift in empty space.
Back on Earth, Strange the doctor examines Melinda. Rather than a death-like coma, she is in a coma-like death from which there is no return.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mail It to Team-Up. Letters are published from T.E. Pouncey, Frank Simonetti, and Allen Bradford. The letters page also contains a Series "A" Marvel Value Stamp #33 Sue Richards.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Marvel Value Stamp Site 
|Like this? Let us know!|