- At last, killer -- Namor shall drink his full measure of -- Vengeance!
Appearing in "Mayhem Is... the Men-Fish!"Edit
Races and Species:
- Aquanoids (Men-Fish) (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Mayhem Is... the Men-Fish!"Edit
While web-slinging across the city, Spider-Man is suddenly drawn to a trench-coated man who is attacked by muggers, but easily fights them off. When it's revealed to be the Sub-Mariner, the two engage in a brief battle, which is interrupted by the escape of a ship out into the ocean. Namor explains that he was tracking down Tiger Shark, the man responsible for killing his father. Spider-Man agrees to help Namor track down Tiger Shark and bring him to justice.
Meanwhile, Tiger Shark has once more allied with Dr. Dorcas, who has been developing men-fish called Aquanoids to be his army of aquatic mutates. When Namor and Spider-Man arrive on Dorcas' ship, the two fight off both Tiger Shark and Dorcas' Aquanoids. Winning at first, the two heroes are soon drugged and restrained.
However, before Dorcas and Tiger Shark can dispose of them, Spider-Man causes water to flood into the ship, renewing Namor's strength. Breaking himself and Spider-Man free, they quickly defeat the Aquanoids and Tiger Shark. However, they are forced to abandon ship when devices within the ship become unstable. Getting to safety, the two watch as Dorcas' vessel explodes, seemingly killing Tiger Shark and Dorcas in the process. With the battle over, Namor feels that his father's death has been avenged.
- The Sub-Mariner goes over some of the recent tragedies at the time:
- The transformation of Todd Arliss into Tiger Shark by Dr. Dorcas happened in Sub-Mariner #5.
- The death of his father at the hands of Llyra and Tiger Shark happened in Sub-Mariner #49.
- Namor states that Llyra had died. She seemingly perished in Sub-Mariner #50. However, she survived as seen in Amazing Spider-Man #213.
- He also mentions Tiger Shark's recent battle with the Hulk, that happened in Incredible Hulk #160.
- Dorcas mentions how he transformed the Atlantean warrior known as Orka. That happened in Sub-Mariner #23. The narrative of this story states that Orka can be seen in the Sub-Mariner's own magazine. This is referring to Namor's then-recent battle with Orka in Sub-Mariner #66-67.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#1604-Z.
- This issue does not contain a letters page. In its place is a one page questionnaire for readers to mail in. It is entitled: "A Personal Plea from your Blushin' Bullpen".
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|