Appearing in "Starting Over!"Edit
- Roberto Cassada (First appearance)
- Rosa Cassada (First appearance)
- Michale Cassada (First appearance)
- Thing (Recap)
- Black Cat (Recap)
- Ben Parker (Recap)
Synopsis for "Starting Over!"Edit
The Sandman is no longer a villain and finds a new job in Brooklyn as a warehouse worker. He also rents a room in the house of the Cassadas, a family that just opened a candy shop.
Meanwhile, the Arranger has united a new Enforces team including the three old ones plus Hammer Harrison and Snake Marston. They start a felony campaign in Brooklyn which soon makes Joe Robertson of the Bugle to send there Ned Leeds and Peter Parker to investigate. But Spider-man lost his Spider-sense in a recent battle with the Hobgoblin and so Montana and the rest of the Enforcers are able to capture him.
While they and the Arranger are talking about what they will do with Spider-man, the Sandman interferes and Spidey can break free. Spidey defeats the Enforcers and tells Sandman that he is too perilous to let him go free but the Arranger throws a bomb that the Sandman covers with his sand body, saving Spider-man's life.
Spider-man leaves the scene without knowing for sure whether the Sandman is dead or alive, but soon the Sandman reunites his body again and keeps on with his life.
- Sandman recounts his first defeat at the hands of Spider-Man, that happened in Amazing Spider-Man #4.
- The Sandman decided to go straight following two key events in recent history: First, he was forcibly merged with Hydroman in Amazing Spider-Man #217-218. Once he was separated, a chance encounter with the Thing convinced him to try going straight, that happened in Marvel Two-In-One #86.
- Spider-Man recounts a few recent events that have happened recently:
- His battle with the Hobgoblin that led to the dulling of his spider-sense, as well as a massive warning he got from it shortly after in Amazing Spider-Man #249. That warning buzz was warning him of the arrival of the Beyonder as revealed in Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #1.
- Spider-Man is also mulling over the idea of revealing his secret identity to the Black Cat. A decision he finally makes in Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #87.
- Sandman recalls the previous times he worked with the Enforcers. There were two occasions in Amazing Spider-Man #19 (This story refers to Marvel Tales #157, a reprint of that story) He also worked with the Enforcers in Marvel Team-Up #39-40.
- Spider-Man recounts his origins and the death of his Uncle Ben. That happened in Amazing Fantasy #15.
- The wall-crawler also recalls the Enforcer's previous defeat. That was in Dazzler #8.
The Sandman is no longer a villain... but he's got no use for Spidey either! What'll happen when they meet? The Enforcers and the Satan Squad also complicate matters.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|