- I suppose I should do something to help him, but I doubt if anything could survive that fall.
- -- Spider-Man
Appearing in "Wolf at Bay"Edit
- Moondark (First appearance)
- Power Man (Luke Cage) (Behind the scenes)
- Daredevil (In a photograph only)
- Black Widow (In a photograph only)
- New York City (Only in flashback)
- Daily Bugle (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Wolf at Bay"Edit
Having taken an assignment to San Francisco to take pictures of Daredevil and the Black Widow in order to get his mind off the death of Gwen Stacy, Peter finds his first bout of web-slinging in San Francisco interrupted by an attack from the Werewolf, Jack Russell. After a brief battle, the Werewolf is knocked off the Golden Gate Bridge, and is lost to the water, Spider-Man leaves unaware that the entire battle has been watched.
Later at a diner, Peter's dinner is interrupted by the arrival once more of the Werewolf. Peter notices that everyone in the diner is in a trance and defeats the Werewolf while changing into Spider-Man. When the Werewolf changes back to Jack Russell, Spider-Man learns that he has been manipulated by the magician named Moondark.
With the help of Spider-Man, Jack goes after Moondark to rescue his friend Buck Cowan and his sister Lissa Russoff. During the fight, Jack is turned into the Werewolf once more,. However, Spider-Man knocks Moondark into a pentagram seemingly destroying him and causing Jack to change back to normal.
- Plot by Conway, script by Wein.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mail It To Team-Up. Letters are published from Bill Crabb, Kurt Martin, and Kim Draham.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#1551-Z. This issue also contains a full page ad from Savage Tales #2.
- Spider-Man has a run of bad luck concerning werewolves. Not one month following publication of this issue, Spider-Man finds himself fighting John Jameson, son of Daily Bugle publisher, J. Jonah Jameson, who himself has transformed into a pseudo-lycanthrope known as the Man-Wolf. . These occurrences led to readers writing and having letter published in the Marvel Team-Up letters page mentioning that this may be overkill for our Wallcrawling hero. Marvel editors promise to cut back on lycanthropic villains in Peter Parker's world.
- Spider-Man appeared last in Amazing Spider-Man (Volume 1) #123. He appears next in Daredevil (Volume 1) #103.
- J. Jonah Jameson appeared last in Luke Cage, Hero for Hire #12. He appears next in Amazing Spider-Man #124.
- Joseph Robertson appeared last in Amazing Spider-Man (Volume 1) #123. He appears next in Amazing Spider-Man #124.
- Spider-Man makes reference to Luke Cage, whom he recently fought in Amazing Spider-Man (Volume 1) #123.
- Amazing Spider-Man (Volume 1) #1-present
- Werewolf by Night (Volume 1) #1-42
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Spider-Man quotes page
- Spider-Man article at Wikipedia
- Spider-Man article at Marvel Universe
- Spider-Man article at the Marvel Directory
- Spider-Man article at Don Markstein's Toonopedia
- Amazing Spider-Man.Info
- Werewolf article at the Marvel Universe
- Werewolf by Night article at the Marvel Appendix
- Marvel Team-Up series index at the Grand Comics Database (creator credits)
|Like this? Let us know!|