- But tonight... Just for tonight... I feel great!
- -- Johnny Storm
Appearing in "Have Yourself a Sandman Little Christmas!"Edit
- New York City Police Department
- Aunt May (Only in flashback)
- Misty Knight (First appearance)
- Mrs. Baker (First appearance)
- Polar Bear Clan (First appearance)
- Reed Richards (Only in flashback)
- Sue Storm (Only in flashback)
- Ben Grimm (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Have Yourself a Sandman Little Christmas!"Edit
While covering a Polar Bear swim for the Daily Bugle, Peter Parker's jolted out of his thoughts with the arrival of the Sandman on the beach. Changing into Spider-Man, Peter tries to stop the Sandman, but the villain proves to be too much for the hero to handle and he escapes.
Deciding that since the Sandman has been more a Fantastic Four foe, Spider-Man decides to pay the FF a visit at the Baxter Building. There he only finds the Human Torch, and the two agree to work together in trying to track down the Sandman. While tracking down their enemy, the Human Torch and Spider-Man stop thieves from stealing Christmas presents from Misty Knight.
Finally tracking down the Sandman, the two heroes try to stop him but are knocked out and left inside a water tower while the Sandman escapes. Breaking free, the two track the Sandman down, and learn that he broke out of prison to visit his sick mother for Christmas. Telling them that his mother doesn't know that he's a criminal, the two heroes agree to let the Sandman visit with his mother on the promise that he will return to prison. Spider-Man gives Sandman the gift he intended to give to Gwen Stacey to give to his mother.
After the Sandman's allotted time is up the two check out his mothers apartment and find that the Sandman escaped out the drain pipe. The two decide to accept their loss, and celebrate the holidays before tracking down the Sandman again.
- This is one of the more successful titles launched by Marvel in the 1970's. Marvel Team-Up will not cease publication until Marvel Team-Up #150 in 1985.
- Although Misty Knight is not identified this issue. She later confirms her identity and recounts her meeting with Spider-Man years later in Marvel Team-Up #64.
- This is a nice, "feel good" Christmas story later republished in the first Christmas Marvel Treasury Special #1.
- The Human Torch does not appear in his trademark Fantastic Four costume at any time in this issue. He remains in casual, civilian attire.
- The Fantasi-Car depicted in this issue is stated to be an older model and a "Flying Bathtub" but differs from the traditional make and model. It is possibly an older prototype.
- Sam Rosen lettered the cover of this issue.
- The Spider-Man cover image logo is recycled art from Amazing Spider-Man #105. The Johnny Storm cover logo is from the cover of Fantastic Four #103.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#800-Z.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|