Appearing in "Invasion!"Edit
- Iron Man
- Fantastic Four
- Dr. Doom
- Molecule Man
- Dr. Octopus
- Wrecking Crew
- Absorbing Man
Races and Species:
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Iron Man Armor MK V
- Absorbing Man's Ball and Chain
- Wrecker's Crowbar
- Doctor Octopus' Tentacles
- Doctor Doom's Armor
- Spider-Man's Black Suit
Synopsis for "Invasion!"Edit
With She-Hulk in danger at Doombase, the heroes gathered on Battleworld rush to her aid. Their attack attract the attention of the Enchantress who has been drinking since she thought Thor was slain by Doom's minions, but sees that he is actually alive and well, however she is too drunk to join the fight. Also hearing the commotion is Volcana who is still caring for the Molecule Man after he was seriously wounded by Wolverine in an earlier battle, she refuses to leave his side. While down below in the dungeon the deranged Klaw frees the Lizard from his cell. Elsewhere still, the rest of the villains are still pounding on the She-Hulk when they hear the attack and rush off to stop it. Before leaving, Doctor Octopus lands one more blow in the hopes of killing She-Hulk. While in his quarters, Doctor Doom continues to try and recover after being expelled from the Worldship of Galactus as his bodyguard Ultron guards from the door.
The heroes are ambushed by the villains and during the fight Iron Man's armor is damaged by the Wrecker. The Thing tries to tackle the Absorbing Man but suddenly reverts back to human form, forcing Spider-Woman to come to his aid. While Thor ties up Doctor Octopus, Pile Driver tries to square off against Hawkeye, but cowers away when the bowman manages to strike him with an arrow. The Hulk comes crashing in on the Enchantress but is knocked out by her enchanted charms. When she tries the same thing on Captain America, he resists her long enough to knock her out with his shield. While Spider-Man squares off against Titania, Hawkeye and Ben Grimm run into Klaw and the Lizard and are concerned that they are outmatched. Iron Man, Mister Fantastic, Thor and Spider-Woman later locate Volcana and Molecule Man and try to attack. Molecule Man responds by erecting an indestructible screen around them, but Captain Marvel manages to pass through in her light form, but the heroes cease their hostilities when they find out that Owen has been seriously injured. While not far away, Spider-Man manages to get the best of Titania, delivering her a humiliating defeat and knocking her out of the fortress.
Meanwhile, Captain America and the Human Torch are squaring off against Ultron. Ultimately the Torch defeats the robot by unleashing his nova flame, overheating his circuits and rendering the killer robot inert. Captain America then storms into Doom's quarters and seeing the state that Doctor Doom is in, considers Doom no longer a threat and leaves. With the battle over, Mister Fantastic and the others find Hawkeye and Ben Grimm playing patty-cake, thanks to the limited intellect of their foes. Soon She-Hulk is recovered and she is placed in the medical bay along with the defeated members of the Wrecking Crew, while the rest of the villains are contained in the dungeon below. While back in the alien village, Colossus rushes the unconscious Zsaji to her room. There he finds the bottle of mind melding gas and uses it to learn what ills her. He discovers that the constant use of her powers to heal the various heroes have taxed her system and threaten to kill her. Colossus then professes his love to Zsaji. Elsewhere, Hawkeye and Captain Marvel return to discover that Zsaji pushed her powers to the limit so she could revive the Wasp. While from their look out, the members of the X-Men notice that Galactus is getting dangerously close to completing his world devouring device.
Back at Doombase, Iron Man is impressed that Mister Fantastic seems unsurprised that an African-American is wearing the Iron Man armor. While elsewhere Spider-Man notices that Thor got a new helmet and cap. When Hulk tells Spider-Man that there is a device that creates costumes by thought, he goes to check it out for himself since his own uniform is in tatters. Finding what he believes to be the machine the Hulk was talking about, Spider-Man thinks into it and a strange black ball comes out and lands in his hand. Spider-Man is surprised when the blackness begins to spread up his arm and envelops his body in a new black and white costume. As Spider-Man begins to wonder why it doesn't look like his old costume suddenly the ground begins to quake. This is followed by a telepathic distress form Professor Xavier warning the heroes that Galactus is about to consume Battleworld.
- As revealed in Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars #1 the mercenary known as Deadpool was also among the heroes gathered among the heroes. It was later revealed in the 4th issue of that series that the Wasp wished everyone to forget Deadpool's involvement. Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars #3 reveals that Deadpool was involved in rescuing the She-Hulk and fought Thunderball. He later discovered the device that gave Spider-Man his alien costume, even going so far as wearing it first.
- Enchantress thought Thor was killed in Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #4, but this was a ruse that allowed Thor to escape Doom's minions.
- The Molecule Man was wounded by Wolverine in Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #6.
- The Thing reverts back to Ben Grimm in the middle of battle in this story. He reverted back and forth previous in Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #2 and 4. He later discovers that he can transform at will next issue. He believes that this is a trait caused by him being on Battleworld, however as theorized by Mister Fantastic back in Fantastic Four #245, the Thing always had this ability, only a psychological block caused by the anxiety felt over his relationship with Alicia Masters prevented him from utilizing this ability.
- The Wasp was seemingly killed in Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #6.
- James Rhodes finds that Reed Richards is unsurprised to find an African-American man wearing the Iron Man armor. While Reed makes it seem like a non-issue, in reality he was aware that Tony Stark has secretly known the originally Iron Man since New Avengers: Illuminati #1 when they formed the Illuminati. Iron Man: Legacy #6 reveals that the members of the Illuminati were well aware of Tony Stark's alcoholism and as such Richards was very likely aware that Rhodes took Stark's place as Iron Man circa Iron Man #169.
- Although Spider-Man assumes that he is wearing an unliving costume, he later learns in Amazing Spider-Man #258 that it is actually a symbiote that is attempt to co-opt his life and tries to get rid of it. He seemingly slays it in Web of Spider-Man #1, however Fall of the Hulks: Alpha #1 reveals the Intelligencia revived it and it ultimately ended up bonding to Eddie Brock in Amazing Spider-Man #299, becoming Venom.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- The cover of this issue is one of the 32 that appear in the comic collection from the 2000 video game Spider-Man.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|