- Sister, you asked for it!
Appearing in "Earth Shall Overcome!"Edit
- Guardians of the Galaxy (First appearance)
- Brotherhood of Badoon (First appearance)/Badoon Empire
- Saturnian Hound-Hawk (First appearance)
- Robot servants
- unnamed Beta Centauri IV colonists (Only in flashback)
- Betina Marsh (First appearance) (Video Phone) (Only in flashback)
- Einstein (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Centaurians (First appearance)
- Earth-691 (Years 1988 and 3007)
- Centauri-IV (Only in flashback) (Planet where Astro landed)
- Moons of Centauri-IV (Only in flashback)
- New New York
- New Paris (Mentioned)
- New Moscow (Mentioned)
- New Nome (Mentioned)
- A-Suit (Charlie-27's suit)
- High-intensity Harkovite
- Memory Probe
- Yondu's Bow
- Yaka Arrow
- Einsteinian Physics (Mentioned)
- Harkovian Physics (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Earth Shall Overcome!"Edit
Charlie-27 returns from a six-month mission to discover that his home planet of Jupiter has been completely enslaved by the evil Badoon. He knows that he wouldn't stand a chance against them on his own, so he teleports to other worlds to find help. First, he joins forces with Martinex on the planet Pluto. Then together they travel to planet Earth, where Vance Astro and the Centaurian Yondu have just escaped from Badoon forces themselves. When Vance and Yondu encounter Charlie-27 and Martinex, they briefly mistake them for more Badoon guards and a misunderstanding fight ensues. However, soon enough they realize that they are all fighting for the same side and a new super-team is born... the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Appearing in "Courage"Edit
- Husky sled-dogs
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Courage"Edit
--For a full synopsis of this comic, please see the original publishing of this comic in Sub-Mariner Comics #36.--
Appearing in "Menace From the Future World (Part II)"Edit
- All-Winners Squad
Synopsis for "Menace From the Future World (Part II)"Edit
Reprints second half of the All-Winners Squad story from All Winners Comics #21.
- The Guardians of the Galaxy story is reprinted in Astonishing Tales #29.
- This story was retold in Guardians of the Galaxy #26, with Starhawk manipulating the formation of the Guardians behind the scenes.
- The title of the story and the song Vance teaches the Guardians at the end is a variation on We Shall Overcome, a key anthem of the US civil rights movement.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|