Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appearing in "Book VIII: Fateful Encounters!"Edit
- John Jameson
- J. Jonah Jameson
- May Parker
- Fantastic Four
- Rick Jones
- Betty Ross
- Iron Man
- Dr. Doom
- Impossible Man
- Jane Foster
- Thaddeus Ross
- Carbon Copy Man
- Metal Master
- Ice Man
- Professor X
Synopsis for "Book VIII: Fateful Encounters!"Edit
In this 8th issue retelling the history of the Marvel Universe in (near) chronological order, the following events are recounted:
- Finishing the tale of Spider-Man's first appearance as a costumed hero saving John Jameson from a crashing space capsule. Despite Spider-Man's heroics, the Daily Bugle, owned by John's father J. Jonah Jameson, would demonize him in the newspaper the next day.
- In order to solve their money problems, the Fantastic Four travel to Hollywood to take part in a Fantastic Four movie, only to learn that the movie studio is a front by the Sub-Mariner, who is using the movie idea in the hopes of crushing his foes. Invisible Girl manages to talk Namor out of his attack against the FF, and the movie is completed.
- Recounting Ant Man's battle against the Scarlet Beetle, and the Hulk's battle against the Soviet Robot Mongu.
- Another battle between Thor and Loki, in which Loki attempts to take advantage of the limitations of Thor's powers by making it impossible for the hero to access his hammer, trapping him in the form of Donald Blake.
- Hulk's first battle against Tyrannus to save Rick Jones and Betty Ross.
- Tony Stark first upgrade of his Iron Man armor, and his battle against Gargantus.
- Spider-Man's first encounter with the Fantastic Four, and his first battle against the Chameleon.
- The Torch's solo adventure against Paste-Pot Pete.
- The Fantastic Four's next encounter with Dr. Doom in which he and Reed Richards change bodies.
- The Fantastic Four's subsequent encounter with the Impossible Man.
- Thor's rescue of Jane Foster from criminal "Thug" Thatcher.
- The Human Torch's first solo battle against the Sub-Mariner.
- The Fantastic Four's hunt for a saboteur of Gamma base, which led to the first battle between the Thing and the Hulk, and the revelation that the real saboteur is the Wrecker.
- Thor's battle against the Carbon Copy Man.
- The Hulk's battle against Metal Master.
- Professor X, Cyclops, and Ice Man's attempt to recruit the Angel into the X-Men.
- The material taken from Journey Into Mystery features redone artwork by Walt Simonson
- The material taken from X-Men #55 & 56 features redone artwork by Bill Sienkiewski.
Material Excerpted From:
- Amazing Spider-Man #1
- Fantastic Four #9
- Fantastic Four #10
- Fantastic Four #11
- Fantastic Four #12
- Journey Into Mystery #88
- Journey Into Mystery #89
- Tales of Suspense #40
- Fantastic Four Annual #1
- Strange Tales #107
- Incredible Hulk #4
- Journey Into Mystery #90
- Uncanny X-Men #55
- Uncanny X-Men #56
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|