- Enough! I shall return at the appointed time -- when all is in readiness. And see that it is -- if you value your miserable life -- or your precious immortal SOUL!
Appearing in "Nightmare on Bald Mountain!"Edit
- New England
- New York City
Synopsis for "Nightmare on Bald Mountain!"Edit
On Bald Mountain located in Rutland, Vermont, worshipers of Dormammu summon their master. Dormammu demands that his followers that a sacrifice must be made on Halloween in order to facilitate Dormammu's entry into the Earthly domain, Dormammu then demands that Dr. Strange be used as the sacrifice. The followers attack Strange in his Sanctum Sanctorum in New York, and in spite of the best efforts of Strange, Clea, and Wong, Dr. Strange is subdued and captured by Dormammu's followers.
Wong and Clea, with the aid of Strange's astral form gather Namor and the Hulk to help save Strange's mortal body. Travelling to Rutland where it's their annual Halloween parade, the group battles Dormammu's legions. During the battle, Strange confronts Dormammu in the Dark Dimension and fends him off, sealing the portal. An mystic explosion buries the followers of Dormammu, and the Defenders manage to escape unscathed.
Appearing in "The Hidden World"Edit
Synopsis for "The Hidden World"Edit
A new planet has drifted into our Solar System between Earth and our sun causing water and other precious water and other items to mysteriously levitate towards this new planet. The Sub-Mariner rides a water spout into space to investigate and eventually repel the alien horde.
- Cover art: modifications by Romita.
- No letters page is published this issue. However the issue does feature two pages of full color cover advertisement for other comics published this month.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
The Defenders are back - Sub-Mariner, the Hulk, and Dr. Strange - and just in time! For this is the hour when - the dread Dormammu returns!
- Advertisment shows Marvel Triple Action #1 advertised as 25 Cents but it will be published as a 20 Cent book.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|