- I hold the galaxy in my palm -- ready to crush it like an eggshell! All who oppose me must die -- and the first of these are the Earthian superheroes! Destroy them -- with all dispatch!
- -- Thanos
Appearing in "The Bite of the Blood Brothers!"Edit
Synopsis for "The Bite of the Blood Brothers!"Edit
The Thing attempts to walk back to civilization after his battle with the Hulk last issue. Iron Man flies overhead but is too busy to stop. Iron Man is returning to the place where he first meet Thanos, in an attempt to find clues of the titan’s location. He is soon ambushed by the blood brothers. The Thing, having seen Iron Man land, follows after him.
Monitoring Iron Man from his Cosmic Cube, Thanos orders his agents the Blood Brothers to destroy him. The Blood Brothers, however, did not anticipate for the arrival of the Thing, who matches their strength and his rocky exterior which prevents them from drinking his blood. With the aid of the Thing, Iron Man is able to fight the Blood Brothers to a standstill.
With the Blood Brothers defeated, Thanos uses the cosmic cube to send them away. After the fight is over, Iron Man tells Thing that he doesn't have the power to carry them both out of the desert and apologizes. The Thing, figuring it is his lot in life trudges off into the desert, continuing his walk back to civilization.
- The Thing is travelling across the desert after his clash against Kurrgo and the Leader in the last issue.
- Iron Man is returning to the location where he first fought Thanos back in Iron Man #55.
- Iron Man mentions that Thanos obtained the Cosmic Cube and the Avengers most recent battle with him, this happened in Captain Marvel #28.
- Starfox and Mentor have been prisoners of Thanos since Captain Marvel #29, the are eventually freed in Captain Marvel #30.
- The Blood Brothers are not killed here, they are seen next (chronologically) in Thanos Annual #1.
- Reprinted in The Life of Captain Marvel #4.
- This is the last issue of Marvel Feature Vol 1. Following this issue, the Thing is granted his own Marvel Team-Up style series Marvel Two-In-One.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mail it To Features. A letter is published from Peter M. Hardey.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#1602Z.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database 
|Like this? Let us know!|