- 3 AM
- Two Dead Men
- The Judas Goat
- Cold Steel
- Front Toward Enemy
- Virtue of the Vicious
- Danger Close
- Memento Mori
In June 2015, Jon Bernthal was cast as the Punisher in a supporting role in the second season of Marvel's Daredevil, opposite Charlie Cox as Daredevil. Development on a stand-alone Punisher series began in January 2016, ahead of the character's debut in the second season of Marvel's Daredevil.
In April 2016, Netflix ordered a full 13-episode season for Marvel's The Punisher, and confirmed the involvement of Bernthal and Steve Lightfoot, the latter of whom would serve as the series' showrunner..
Filming took place in New York from October 2016 to April 2017, under the working title Crime. Music composer for Guardians of the Galaxy and its sequel, Tyler Bates was hired to score the series, following the end of production..
In October 2016, Marvel confirmed a 2017 release for the series. Although originally planned to have a surprise release in October 2017, Marvel and Netflix announced the series' launch would be postponed following the 2017 Las Vegas Strip shooting. This announcement came one day after Marvel decided to pull a panel for The Punisher from that year's New York City Comic Con.
On December 12, 2017, it was announced via Twitter that the series had been renewed for a second season. Filming for the second season began on March 9, 2018. Josh Stewart, Floriana Lima, and Giorgia Whigham join the main cast.
- No episode in the first season features the entirety of the main cast.
- This is the only Marvel Netflix series in which Rosario Dawson's Claire Temple doesn't appear.
- Coincidentally, the main antagonists of the first season, William Rawlins and Billy Russo, are both named William R. and have the nicknames "Bill".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Andreeva, Nellie and Denise Petski (26 February 2018). 'Marvel's The Punisher': Josh Stewart, Floriana Lima & Giorgia Whigham Join Cast Of Netflix Series For Season 2. Deadline. Retrieved on 14 April 2018.
- ↑ Cavanaugh, Patrick (9 June 2015). Jon Bernthal Cast as Frank Castle in the Netflix Original Series 'Marvel's Daredevil'. Marvel.com. Retrieved on 30 June 2017.
- ↑ Ausiello, Michael (16 January 2016). Punisher Spinoff Starring Jon Bernthal in Development at Netflix. TVLine. Retrieved on 15 May 2017.
- ↑ Netflix Orders 'Marvel's The Punisher' to Series. Marvel.com (29 April 2016). Retrieved on 30 June 2017.
- ↑ Hood, Cooper (03 October 2016). The Punisher Netflix Series Begins Filming; Set Photos Show Bearded Frank Castle. Screen Rant. Retrieved on 30 June 2017.
- ↑ Hill, Jacob (10 April 2017). Netflix’s The Punisher Wraps Production. CBR. Retrieved on 30 June 2017.
- ↑ Tyler Bates to Score Marvel’s Netflix Series ‘The Punisher’. Film Music Reporter (21 April 2016). Retrieved on 30 June 2017.
- ↑ Netflix Original Series 'Marvel's The Punisher' Announced Three New Cast Members. Marvel.com (6 October 2016). Retrieved on 15 May 2017.
- ↑ Gay, Verne (5 October 2017). Netflix postpones 'Marvel's The Punisher' after Las Vegas massacre. Newsday. Retrieved on 5 October 2017.
- ↑ Punisher Pulled from New York Comic Con After Las Vegas Shooting. SuperHeroHype! (4 October 2017). Retrieved on 5 October 2017.
- ↑ The Punisher (2017-12-12). Time to reload. #ThePunisher Season 2 is coming.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2017-12-13.
- ↑ Lovett, Jamie (March 10, 2018). 'The Punisher' Season 2 Has Started Filming, First Photos Surface. ComicBook.com. Retrieved on March 10, 2018.
- ↑ Netflix Original Series 'Marvel's The Punisher' Announces Additional Cast Members. Marvel.com (25 October 2016).
- ↑ Damore, Meagan (8 October 2016). NYCC: Iron Fist Cast Makes First-Ever Live Appearance. CBR. Retrieved on 15 May 2017.