Doctor Maris Morlak was once a brilliant scientist who joined other scientists of similar skill levels and goals in forming the Enclave, an organization dedicated to the creation of life itself in hopes of creating a better Earth. Morlak shares the early history of the group, including the creation of Him and Her.
Crucible is an armored form assumed by Morlak as part of a plot to steal Reed Richard's inventive genius and use it to kickstart the Wladyslav Shinski's genetics program. After forcing the Monks of Doom to build him a suit of armor similar to that worn by Doctor Doom, Crucible slew most of the Monks and enslaved the rest. Wearing the armor, Morlak successfully stole Reed's skills, and then he and Shinski relocated to Genosha. They took control of their creation Kismet, renaming her Ayesha. They also began experimenting on Genoshans in an effort to create their master race. However, when Reed Richards confronted Crucible, it soon became clear that Morlak was going insane. His mind was unable to handle the continual influx of ideas from Reed's genius. Shinski then slew Morlak and replaced him as Crucible. Soon after, both Shinski and Ayesha were consumed by a Black Hole Grenade.
- Alchemy: Crucible's powers were based on the medieval art of alchemy. He was able to transmute elements and molecules into any other desired element or molecule. Crucible used this power and his scientific knowledge to great effect, including producing acids, explosions, dust clouds, and he could even animate of some of his transmutations.
|Power Grid |
Morlak possesses a high level of scientific genius.
- Body Armour: Crucible wore a suit of armor similar in design to Doctor Doom's. It afforded him some protection from physical and energy attacks.
- 26 Appearances of Maris Morlak (Earth-616)
- 2 Minor Appearances of Maris Morlak (Earth-616)
- Media Maris Morlak (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Maris Morlak (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Maris Morlak (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Maris Morlak (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|