- You want "Pretty damn awful?" Lose a son. Then, a couple years later, lose a daughter. Oh, but you don't get to actually lose the daughter... no. She keeps showing up on TV every now and then, when you least expect her. Reminding you that she once said she remembers you, but she doesn't have any feelings for you.
- -- Marie Danvers src
Marie Danvers was the wife of Joe Danvers a former U.S. Navy officer and construction worker. The couple lived in Beverly, a suburban community to the north of Boston, Massachusetts. The couple had three children Joe, Jr., Steve, and Carol. Marie would often ignore the confrontational relationship between Joseph and Carol.
Loss of a Son
Steve, who was meant to go to college, but was drafted during the Vietnam War instead and was killed in action. The death of Steve devastated the family causing her husband Joe to the drink heavily.
Carol came to visited her parents in Boston with her friend Michael Barnett. After visiting her mother, her father had a near accident at one of his construction sites. Later her husband, Joseph, was attacked by Steeplejack and saved by Ms Marvel, which he was embarrassed about. Marie saw through her daughter's disguise and asked not to her judge her father. Carol later went back to live with her mother after her outburst as Warbird. Iron Man came to visit to check up on her and Marie escorted him to her room.
The family later moved to Bar Harbor, Maine where Joe was diagnosed with lung cancer and the disease spread so rapidly that he needed a respirator to breath. Carol returned to visit her dying father, but wound up arguing with Marie over not visiting them in years. The two reconciled their differences and she hugged her daughter before she left. He died not long afterwards.
- 8 Appearances of Marie Danvers (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Marie Danvers (Earth-616)
- Media Marie Danvers (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 6 Images featuring Marie Danvers (Earth-616)
- 3 Quotations by or about Marie Danvers (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Marie Danvers (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|