Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Marianne is the beautiful former romantic interest of Tony Stark. They were in a relation when he first made his public appearance as Iron Man and it was Marianne who suggested to change his grey armor, which she found terrifying, to golden colored. 
Marianne and Stark later rekindled their relationship in a whirlwind romance. Stark proposed and Marianne accepted. The relationship endured despite Kevin O'Brien's, Stark's best friend at the time, infatuation with Marianne. O'Brien's became unbalanced and attacked Iron Man. O'Brien tragically died in his attempt, and for some time, Marianne blamed Tony for Kevin's death. Some time later, Marianne had an ESP vision that Stark would die if she stayed with him, . She abandoned Tony when he was in involved in a critical battle with the Super-Adaptoid. Stark survived the battle. However, Marianne's continued erratic behavior convinced Stark to later end the relationship.
Since that time, a vengeful Marianne has been fixated on killing Anthony Stark. She particularly resented him admitting her in an asylum. One of her mind-blasts intended for Stark turned the villain Midas into a brain-dead husk.  Rodgers believed that when she looked into the soul and essence of Tony Stark with her psychic powers, it caused her to become irreparably damaged. However, Rodgers did have some sympathy with Stark when she saw how Stark himself had become manipulated by Kang and persecuted by his fellow Avengers. It is undetermined if she still wishes for Stark to perish.
- Teleportation: Marianne can teleport herself via her telekinesis
Normal human Strength level
Can teleport herself by telekinesis
- Although "Marianne" potentially appeared in Tales of Suspense #40, the character of Marianne Rodgers as a character and Stark's primary romantic interest began in Iron Man #36.
- Kevin O'Brien, Stark's best friend and confidant, became so enamored with Marianne Rodgers that he turned on Stark and attacked him with his Guardsman Armor.
- Although noted as a telepath with incredible Extra Sensory Perception powers, it took Marianne quite a bit of time to determine that Anthony Stark was in fact Iron Man.
- Incorrectly called "Marianne Rogers" in Iron Man #108 page 17.
- 45 Appearances of Marianne Rodgers (Earth-616)
- Media Marianne Rodgers (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Marianne Rodgers (Earth-616)
- 5 Quotations by or about Marianne Rodgers (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Marianne Rodgers (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|