Appearing in "Decay Meets the Mad Viking"Edit
- The Mad Viking (First appearance)
- Astrid Josefson (First appearance)
- Eugene "Star" Spangler (Only appearance; dies)
- his groupies
- Josefsen's boss (Only in flashback)
- policemen (Only in flashback)
- Roger (Only in flashback)
- Jamie Horner (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Decay Meets the Mad Viking"EditWhen shock-rocker Star Spangler decides to cancel his current tour in order to find the most decadent and filthy place to write his next concept album, he finds himself in the Citrusville shack formally owned by Ted Sallis. While reveling in the decadent behavior of his legion of followers, he soon is found by Astrid Josefson, who is fleeing her grandfather, the "Mad Viking."
The Mad Viking has become furious that there are no real macho-men anymore, and so became the Mad Viking to bring back manliness. He's been chasing his granddaughter because she has been dating hippies and artists, the anti-thesis to what the Viking believes to be manly. She managed to get away from the Viking when the Man-Thing interrupted his chase of her.
However, the Viking manages to get past the Man-Thing (who empathically loses interest in the Viking) and the Viking finds a hovel of "wussy men", and begins his attack anew. During the fight the Mad Viking murders Star and a number of his followers. However, the Man-Thing intervenes before the Viking can harm Astrid. Grabbing the Viking's hands, he eventually gives into fear and the Man-Thing's touch begin burning the Viking's hands.
This gives Astrid a moment to flee, and after the Viking gives into the pain, the Man-Thing also leaves him alone and returns to the swamp.
- The Man-Thing chronologically appeared last in Giant-Size Man-Thing #5. He chronologically appears next in Giant-Size Man-Thing #4.
- First appearances of Astrid Josefson, Eugene Spangler and the Mad Viking. All appear again next issue.
- The tagline for this issue is, "Death of a Legend!"
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Man-Thing profile at Wikipedia
- Man-Thing profile at the Marvel Directory
- Man-Thing profile at Toonopedia
- Man-Thing movie entry at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|