Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Maison Alpha was the two-story headquarters of Alpha Flight located in what was the Civic Block, 4 Sir Winston Churchill Square, in the city of Edmonton, province of Alberta, Canada. The original structure of the Maison was built in 1957 by the city of Edmonton to be used as a city hall and civic offices. The building was donated by the city to Alpha Flight following the team's defeat of the Dreamqueen in Edmonton. Although the team had officially be banned from operation under the Canadian law, the city officials of Edmonton enforced a local authority to provide Alpha Flight with a base of operations, in exchange for a promise to defend the city in a future crisis. The facility was internally reconfigured by Madison Jefferies using his ability to transmute metals to his wills. 
A spacious circular driveway and parking lot immediately precedes the building. To its right, a former maintenance facility was re-configured by Jefferies into an Olympic size swimming pool, enclosed with a solarium structure for year-round use. The Maison is also underwent further reconstructive changes to enhance security and comfort. The financing and maintenance of Maison Alpha was made possible by a trust fund set up for Alpha Flight by Walter Langkowski with additional funding by the city of Edmonton. The site on which the Maison is constructed was part of a land sacred to the Sarcee. It was believed to contain a dimensional well filled with ambient mystic energy known as Earth magic.
- Main Floor; The main floor of Maison Alpha has been reconfigured to provide a spacious living room area and three main bedrooms. The majority of hte main floor is for information retrieval and storage, and offices for administrative affairs. The main library on this floor contains reference books. Consisted of: conference room, 3 bedrooms (w/ personal bathroom), three offices, library, weight exercise room, showers, communications and computer center, living room, dining room, kitchen, pantry.
- Second Floor; The second floor of the Maison is predominantly made up of living quarters. Rooms are made available for any member of Alpha Flight who requests it. Each bedroom in the Maison is equipped with a walk-in closet and a full bathroom. A lounge and rec room fully equipped with video games, an audio-video library and a television is the central recreation area. A quieter, private study is provided with personal computers linked to hte main computer downstairs. The large meeting room is used for formal meetings. A general shared offices is located on this floor and is used mainly by Walter Langkowski to run his personal affairs. Also located on this floor: a second library, storage space, an entrance to the solarium/swimming pool and access to the roof. 
- Basement; The central area of the basement has been claimed by Elizabeth Twoyoungmen for her meditations as Talisman. The room is located directly over a "well" of Earth magic, which empowers the Talisman with clear precognitive vision, as well as other increased mystical abilities. Also located in this basement structure are a full medical clinic and laboratory, with an additional pathology lab. The main room is designated as a computer-run combat simulacrum, surrounded by a concrete and reinforced steel wall, and operated from a computer control centre separated from the battle room by several feet of plexiglass. Also on this floor: main generator, boiler room, Madison Jefferies' workshop, storage space. 
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Maison Alpha
- Media Maison Alpha was Mentioned in
- Location Gallery: Maison Alpha
- Images related to Maison Alpha
- Marvel Staff members who were born in Maison Alpha
Links and References
- The Offical Handbook of the Marvel Universe, Update '89