Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
As the Scorpion, MacDonald Gargan possesses all the powers of a scorpion.
- Superhuman Strength: MacDonald Gargan, as the Scorpion, possesses superhuman strength. Gargan was able to lift approximately 15 tons under standard conditions. He is known as being one of the first opponents of Spider-Man who truly possessed greater strength than that of Spider-Man himself. His leg muscles are so developed that he is easily capable of leaping onto the rooftop of a single story building in a single bound. He is strong enough that he is able to punch his own handholds in concrete in order to climb up sheer surfaces.
- Superhuman Speed: Gargan is capable of running and moving at speeds superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Gargan's musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. He can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Agility: Gargan's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Durability: As the Scorpion, Mac Gargan wears a full-body battle suit, which has undergone several major revisions in his long criminal career. These are always courtesy of third party suppliers, since Gargan himself possesses no aptitude for engineering. Dr. Farley Stillwell created his original suit, with funding provided by J. Jonah Jameson. Later versions were provided by Justin Hammer, and other large corporations and governments seeking to maximize the lethality of their hired assassin. The most recent design consisted of an inner woven Kevlar layer, covered with a thick layer of insulation/padding, and topped with a high-tech composite armor plating, making him impervious to small firearms.
- Pincers: The Scorpion's gloves on his costume grant him miniature pincers on each hand that enable him to literally rip through Spider-man's webbing.
- Wall-Crawling: Gargan can climb walls as the Scorpion, but achieves this by either punching handholds into the sides of walls or using his pincer-like fingers.
- Tail: The Scorpion's battle suit is equipped with a superhumanly powerful tail that he can whip at speeds up to over 90 miles per hour. The tail varied in length with each design - from an original 4' version, up to 20' in other implementations. His tail is powered by a self-contained power pack mounted on the back of his battle suit. The tail is connected via a cybernetic link to the fine muscles of his spinal column when he dons his suit, enabling him to direct the tail by involuntary nerve impulses and activated by his mental commands. Internally, the tail consists of a series of separated circular plates connected by a matrix of steel cables. Solenoids contract the cables and manipulate the tail, allowing it to whip at speeds of over 150 feet per second. The tail is also armored, and is tipped with a spike, making it deadly in combat. He has mastered the use of his tail to the point that he can use it as both a bludgeon, projectile launcher, or as a fifth limb (he has also upgraded its flexibility several times, making it much more efficient in combat). By coiling his tail behind him and using it as a spring, the Scorpion could propel himself over 30 feet into the air. Over the years, he has modified and enhanced it countless times, acquiring upgrades from the likes of Justin Hammer and the Tinkerer, who equipped it with a poisonous barb with venom installed or a form of hypnogen, electrical blasts (he can also channel electricity through it to shock anyone who tried to grab him by the tail or short-circuit electrical equipment), laser blasts, acid blasts, and mace gas.
MacDonald Gargan is a skilled detective. Gargan's powers make him a formidable combatant, even though he has had little formal training.
Gargan is strong enough to lift 15 tons
Electro mechanical tail
- 3 Appearances of MacDonald Gargan (Earth-2149)
- Media MacDonald Gargan (Earth-2149) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring MacDonald Gargan (Earth-2149)
- Quotations by or about MacDonald Gargan (Earth-2149)
- Character Gallery: MacDonald Gargan (Earth-2149)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|