- The status of the alternate versions: "past", "future", or "alternate".
- The origin of the X-Gene, and of the mutation generally, for clones, artificial mutants, etc.
The list is divided in three sections and spread out over two parts:
- The human mutants Homo sapiens superior:
- The non-Homo superior human mutants, including Homo supreme.
- The Non-Human Mutants, born from others forms of life, including aliens, robots and A.I.
Post-AvX new mutants
The mutants born, activated, created, or came and stayed in Earth-616 since the Avengers/X-Men war and the dispersion of the Phoenix, after which new mutants started to manifest at rates similar to the Pre-M-Day situation, before being temporarily affected by the M-Pox outbreak, which was resolved by the Inhumans/X-Men war.
Mutants born after AvX
If there is a doubt, please classify the mutant as "activated after AvX".
Mutants activated after AvX
Mutants created after M-Day
This section include clones and humans having received mutant genetic material after M-Day.
Time- or reality-travelers that came after M-Day
Non-Homo superior mutants
Contrary to the preceding sections, not all individuals listed here are "classic mutants" with the X-Gene. As far as we know, M-Day had no non-human victims; however, here is a list of known, living, confirmed powered Non-Human Mutants, originating from, or currently located in Earth-616.
- For further explanation, please see the article Non-Human Mutants.
- For a more complete list, please see the mutants sorted by species.
Mutants confirmed alive and powered after M-Day
(Fritz von Meyer's bees)