Lola is a red 1962 Chevrolet Corvette belonging to S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson. It has been converted using advanced Stark Industries technology to become a S.H.I.E.L.D. Flying Car. After recruiting Skye to his S.H.I.E.L.D. team, he demonstrates Lola's flight capabilities.
Coulson and Melinda May took Lola to Mexico City in search of Richard Lumley for answers about Skye's past. When Lumley tries to flee, Coulson transforms Lola into hover mode, prompting Lumley to realize they're with S.H.I.E.L.D.
When Ward is revealed to be a Hydra double agent and takes over the Bus with Deathlok, Coulson and Skye attempt to flee in Lola. He activates Lola's hidden machine guns hidden behind the headlights, giving them cover fire before driving out of the cargo bay while the Bus was in mid-flight. As they fell out of the sky, Lola's engines failed to ignite until the last second, saving the agents from a crashlanding.
Alternate Reality Versions
Marvel Universe (Earth-616)In this reality, Lola stands for "Low-Orbit Liftoff Automobile," and it was potentially named in such way after Phil Coulson's ex-fiancée Lola Daniels. The car was first seen Coulson helped Deadpool and fellow Agent Adsit escape from criminals, who were trying to kill Deadpool for the price put on his head by traitor Agent Gorman, and track Gorman down.
- It becomes a running gag in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to say, "Don't touch Lola."
- The car's California license plate initially read "681 PCE". A couple of appearances later, we see it has been changed to "381 PCE".
- Levitating Over Land Automobile's Appearances
- Levitating Over Land Automobile's Minor Appearances
- Media Levitating Over Land Automobile Mentions
- Vehicle Gallery: Levitating Over Land Automobile
- Images that include Levitating Over Land Automobile